San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Are you a data scientist / data hacker / statistician who loves to explore data and wants to do some good at the end of the day? Then come join us for the Strata New York DataSprint!
We are incredibly excited to announce that we will be setting up shop all day at the Strata NY Conference on October 23rd with a bunch of great data problems for you to stop by and work on! We will be serving non-profits and charities, using data to to solve some of their toughest problems, so bring your data skills and get ready to make the world a better place.
If you're a socially conscious data hacker who wants to make the world a better place, RSVP now! If you are unfamiliar with our events click here to see a short video of our first New York DataDive.
Entrance to our DataSprint will be completely free, regardless of whether you are attending Strata NY or not. We will have food throughout the day so come and stay all day or just swing by for an hour or two and see how you can pitch in!
Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers (map)
Empire Ballroom West, it's on the 2nd floor of the Sheraton
811 7th Avenue
New York, New York, 10019
- This is a free event!
- Tuesday October 23rd
- 9am-5pm (come anytime throughout the day!)
- Breakfast and lunch foods will be served
We are thrilled that the following will be submitting projects and attending our event!
Other items of note for the weekend
- There is a Github repository setup to use for sharing code, data, and analyses during the event. The repository is located at: https://github.com/datanoborders/Datadives, with a subdirectory for the Strata NY event. This will be our primary resource for capturing everything developed at the DataSprint, so please use it for sharing and collaboration.
- We do not assign you to a project. We want you to work with the organization and data you feel most passionate about, so come with an open mind and be ready to learn.
- You do not have to stay the entire day to participate in the event. We hope that you will find a project you can dig into, but you are always welcome to come and go as you please.
- You do not have to work with the same project for the whole day. Again, we hope that you will find a project to work on to completion, but if at any point you feel like you want to change simply let the ambassador from those teams know.
When & Where
DataKind™ brings high-impact organizations dedicated to solving the world’s biggest challenges together with leading data scientists to improve the quality of, access to and understanding of data in the social sector. This leads to better decision-making and greater social impact. Launched in 2011, DataKind leads a community of passionate data scientists, visionary partners and mission-driven organizations with the talent, commitment and energy to use data science in the service of humanity. DataKind is headquartered in New York City and has Chapters in Bangalore, Dublin, San Francisco, Singapore, the UK and Washington DC. More information on DataKind, our programs and our partners can be found on our website: www.datakind.org