Story@Home Conference 2013
Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM - Saturday, March 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM (MST)
Story@Home is a conference for anyone who loves families - and is looking for new ways to connect with those you love most. If you love storytelling, blogging, and family history you will especially enjoy this conference. No matter how you tell your stories – through your family history, at your child’s bedside, on your blog, or from a stage – your stories matter. This conference will change the way you see your stories and the world.
Workshops and performances by award-winning storytellers, performers and speakers, will help you explore ways to use the power of story in your home. You’ll be able to record your own story, start on some research to learn more about your family’s history, get started on a blog and learn how to tell your story through social media.
Story@Home 2013 will now be held in partnership with RootsTech - a family history and technology conference. Your full event Story@Home pass will also grant you access to 30+ Getting Started classes at the RootsTech conference. You will also enjoy an extra day, expanded hours, a demonstration theater, additional keynote presentations, large vendor hall and extra social events.
A popular feature of the conference is iTell. Where you can record a free, face to face 15 minute interview/story chat session with someone you love, right here at the conference. We’ll help you get ready with questions, story prompts and tips. It’s this easy:
1. Pick an interview buddy (or we’ll have one for you)
2. Select questions and story prompts from one of 30+ topics provided in your conference registration packet (or you can create your own)
3. Arrive at the i-tell booth in the JSMB 15 minutes before your scheduled session to sign in and prepare for the session
4. Sit down in our comfortable iTell lounge and enjoy a 15 minute recording session
5. We will record your interview/story chat for free
6. We’ll burn you a disk on the spot, or send you an mp4 file of your session, whichever you prefer.
Sign up now, to reserve your spot!
When & Where
Through The Power of Story