Stock Portfolio Contest
Monday, March 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM - Sunday, June 3, 2012 at 11:00 PM (CDT)
In association with CFO, William Blair, Barrington Research and Morningstar, Kellstadt MBAA welcomes DePaul students and alumni to participate in a Stock Portfolio Contest. Investors will use StockTrak.com to manage a U.S. Exchange, all-equity portfolio for a 12 week duration. Please read further for contest information and registration instructions. Registration will be limited to the first 75 participants to sign-up.
Why Participate & What’s at Stake
Portfolio returns will be compiled and compared throughout the 12 week contest. The top 3 portfolio managers who qualify within contest requirements and portfolio return at contest end, (2 spots based on risk-adjusted return using Sharpe Ratio, and 1 spot for total portfolio return,) will receive the following professional rewards;
1. Informational interviews with a professional at both William Blair and Barrington Research.
2. The manager with the best Sharpe ratio will receive a one-month subscription to Morningstar’s “footnotedPro” software (valued at $830).
3. Recognition from Kellstadt Student and Alumni organizations
4. Have your investment strategy and evaluation showcased within the DePaul community.
5. Gain real-time experience in trading stocks and managing a portfolio.
Contest Specifics and General Information
· StockTrak is a virtual stock exchange and acts as a discount brokerage office.
· Manage a $500K portfolio for 12 weeks.
· Max of 200 trades throughout contest duration (≈ 17 per week).
· Available market exchanges include NYSE and NASDAQ, with penny stocks prohibited.
· No more than 10% of portfolio in any one position. Therefore, a required minimum of ten holdings for portfolio to be fully invested.
· Long and Short Positions allowed.
· Investor returns benchmarked against S&P 500.
· Off Limits: Bonds, Mutual Funds, ETF’s, Options, Futures and Currencies.
· Simulated trading fees apply = $15 per online transaction.
· 2/24 – 3/2 - Registration verification: Expect a confirmation email from the MBAA within 2 business days upon completing registration, with more detailed information to be provided.
· 3/5 – General access to StockTrak simulation. Account number & Username assigned to all contest participants via StockTrak. Participants will be required to log-in and establish personal password.
· 3/9 – Submission Deadline for 1-2 page Pre-Contest Thesis.
· 3/12 – Contest Launch – Initial positions open with active trading.
· 3/18 – 6/3 - Weekly performance updates provided to all investors to gauge performance returns against competitors and benchmark.
· Registration beginning at Noon on Friday, February 24th.
· Registration limited to the first 75 participants.
· $15 registration fee.
· Participant to provide email address.
· For registration, contest and reward-related questions, please contact Matthew Gall at email@example.com. Please allow up to 48 hours for response.
· Feel free to visit and browse www.stocktrak.com for investment fundamentals and terminology questions.