A startup company’s most valuable asset is often an idea.
How do you protect that idea?
Saul Zackson of Zackson Law LLC will present a brief Introduction to Intellectual Property that will include:
- Importance of securing intellectual property rights
- Types of intellectual property—patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets
- Types of patents
- Requirements for patents in the US
- Requirements for patents outside of the US
- Patenting costs—filing costs, maintenance fees, translation fees
- Patent term
- Examples of time-lines for obtaining a patent
- Assigning and licensing intellectual property rights
Zackson Law LLC is a group of patent professionals with backgrounds in life sciences. Zackson Law LLC provides patent preparation and prosecution services to those seeking legal protection for their invention. The firm focuses on patents in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemistry and related sciences.
When & Where
Ready to take your venture to the next level? Be part of St. Louis' startup support network and connect with the essential resources and physical space to energize your enterprise.
STLVentureWorks is the place to be for new ideas and the next generation of successful, high-potential companies. The STLVentureWorks team can put your business on the fast track with on-site support, fresh insights, networking and customized mentoring.
Our incubator network includes five locations:
- Grand Center
- South County
- West County
- Helix Center Biotech Incubator