San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Date: Saturday, June 22nd, 2013
- 10am: First elite heat takes off*
- After: Heats will take off every 15 minutes
(*subject to change due to increased registration)
- Starting Line: Base of the Steamboat Ski Resort
- Mud Run: Up to and through Mavericks Terrain Park then back to base
- Finish Line: Base of Steamboat Ski Resort
- After Party: Gondola Square
Event: The Steamboat Mad Mud Run powered by Xfinity is back for 2013 with a vengeance. In this 5K race, we promise you a longer race with more elevation, challenging obstacles, and lots more mud! Racers will begin at the base of the Steamboat Ski Area and hill climb to the first drop of the Christy Peak Express lift. From there, while running through towering aspens, racers will hit muddy obstacle after muddy obstacle until finally starting to descent back down to the finish line in Gondola Square. Finished participants can stay and enjoy themselves with food and beverages, live music, games, and other activities (general public will be invited as well).
After Party: The Steamboat Mad Mud Run is teaming up with Carl's Tavern to host a raging afftery party once you've cleaned up and washed off. Hot tunes, cool drinks, and tons of specials at Carl's Tavern the night of the event. Get more information in your racer packet the weekend of the race!
Obstacles: Hill Climb, Sprint Race, Tire Course, Climbing Wall, Balance Beam, Mud Pit, Kegs Jumps, Bungee Obstacles, Tunnel Crawl, Fire Jump (more to come; subject to change)
- Brand New Year Registration: Dec 12th - Feb 15th- $45 per participant
- Spring Slush Registration: Feb 16th- April 1st- $55 per participant
- Muddy Months Registration: April 2nd- May 15th- $65 per participant
- Procrastination Registration: May 16th- June 5th- $75 per participant
- Just Barely Got in Registration: June 6th- June 20th- $75 per participant (does not guarantee a t-shirt or schwag bag)
- 20% off til the 20th: June 14th - June 20th - $60 per participant (last minute deal; does not include t-shirt)
Non-Profit Donation: This year a portion of our registration proceeds will go directly to Grand Futures Prevention Coalition, helping to create and support healthy, positive lifestyle choices as alternatives to substance abuse in our community.
Information: Lee Smith at Always Mountain Time
Brought to you by:
Always Mountain Time, Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation, Xfinity, Zeal Optics, Steamboat Crossfit, Honey Stinger, Nutrition for a Better Life, Carl's Tavern, State Farm Debbie Aragon, Wendy's, Coca-Cola, Bud Light, Catina Steamboat, Mountain View Car Wash, Steamboat Ace Hardware, Hungry Dog, Kinetic Energy