Conference Registration Includes:
Sunday, April 22: Keynote and Cocktail Reception
- Keynote with Pam Sherman
- Pre-Conference Cocktail Reception
Monday, April 23: Full-day Conference
- A full-day of presentations, progression sessions, workshops, and Lightning Talks with local and national leadership.
- Access to experts in the Tech Comm field
- Vendor demonstrations during the unopposed Vendor Demo Showcase
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments
- Printed program
- List of all conference attendees after the conference
- Online access to Proceedings following the conference
Tuesday, April 24: Leadership Day (separate fee)
- 1/2 day of Leadership training
- Presentations and workshops by experienced STC community and international leaders
- Keynote presentation by Alan Houser, Incoming President, Society for Technical Communication
- Breakfast, coffee, and tea service provided
- Designed for anyone interested in improving leadership skills, including current and future leaders.
- Discounted with Spectrum registration or attend as a standalone event.
Wednesday, April 4: Webinar
- "Tell Your Story in Business Language" with Bettie Hall
- 1:00 - 2:00 pm EST
- Stay tuned for more information.
Rochester Institute of Technology
CIMS Building (SLA/078)
For the latest conference news and complete conference information, visit the STC Rochester Chapter website.
STC Rochester Chapter
STC Rochester is proud to partner with Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) to bring you Spectrum 2013.
Spectrum 2013, STC Rochester's 54th annual conference, is scheduled to kick off on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. with keynote speaker Alan Houser, President of STC, and a pre-conference reception open to all conference attendees.Light refreshments will be served.
Friday, March 22 begins a day of presentations, demonstrations of technologies and services in the technical communications industry, and lightning talks.
Saturday, March 23 provides a morning focused on leadership challenges and best practices, with seasoned leaders presenting.
This year's theme is Why Not the Best? Best Leaders, Best Technology, Best Content, Best You
We demonstrate our value by giving our best to our profession, our employers, our clients, and ourselves...and by asking for the best our profession can offer. You are invited to join us in sharing how we discover, learn, and teach the best in this dynamic, rapidly-changing, and always exciting profession we call technical communication.
Our diverse format will provide state-of-the-art information, technology, and inspiration to empower technical communication professionals to be able to build a business case for new ideas and technology, share their knowledge, and lead change in their organization. Attendees will build the technical and soft skills they need to succeed and add value to their roles as technical communicators.