STC Puget Sound Chapter Workshop - Captivate workshop
Saturday, March 9, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)
Adobe Captivate Workshop
This workshop on Adobe Captivate 6 is aimed at existing users who wish to develop their skills further and explore some of the less well known features and capabilities of this popular eLearning tool.
Matthew Ellison, who has been using and teaching this product since its first release as RoboDemo more than ten years ago, will be demonstrating a range of powerful techniques and time-saving tips and tricks. You are welcome to bring your own laptop computer and to follow along with many of the tasks -- sample files will be provided. There will also be plenty of opportunity to put to Matthew any questions that you may have about Captivate and your own eLearning projects.
During the session, you will learn:
- About Themes, Master Slides, and Project Templates, and how all can work together to save you time and make maintenance of your projects much easier
- How to incorporate pre-testing into your tutorials
- How to add live video, and how to synchronize the video with slides and objects within Captivate
- How to add advanced mouse-over actions using Rollover Slidelets
- A range of practical tips for adding voice narration to a tutorial
- How to get the most from Smart Shapes
Note: If you register and can't attend, we will refund your registration fee if you give us at least 48 hours notice.
Parking is available in the garage for a flat fee of $6 and the library is on convenient bus lines.