Staying In Balance:
Healthy Solutions to Managing Your Workplace Stress
Participants will be provided with tools to respond in healthy ways to the different levels of emotional distress that arise from the course of their day-to-day interactions. This is an opportunity for staff members of all levels to identify and discuss sources of stress in their workplace and learn healthy ways to cope with that stress.
Areas covered include:
- Understanding the impact of stress on your work performance;
- Identifying common job conditions that contribute to your stress;
- Overview of strategies for reducing your stress at work;
- How to create a self-care assessment & plan
Participants will be able to:
- Gain a better understanding of the common symptoms of stress;
- Understand how stress and burnout can affect workplace functioning;
- Learn how to identify telltale signs of stress;
- Identify ways to reduce your own stress.
Facilitated by: Michelle Angulo-Crafton, LMSW
NOTE: **This training is open to all staff working within NYC DYCD-funded programs.
When & Where
Mental Health Association of New York City
Mental Health Association of New York City (MHA-NYC) is a nonprofit organization that addresses mental health needs in New York City and across the nation. It is a local organization with national impact and has a three-part mission of services, advocacy and education.
MHA-NYC identifies unmet needs and develops culturally sensitive programs to improve the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness while promoting the importance of mental health.