StartupVA Pitch for Charity 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM (EST)
'Tis the season of giving - that's why StartupVA selected 20 companies to pitch for a chance to win a donation to the charity of his/her choice at our 2012 Pitch for Charity event.
Arlington Economic Development located on the 15th floor of 1100 N. Glebe Rd., Arlington, VA 22201. (703) 228-0808. The building is identified by the CACI/Jacobs signs out front. The location is Metro accessible via the Orange Line – Ballston/MU station. Parking is also available in the garage below the building for $11.00 (spaces limited). Parking will NOT be validated.
10:45 - Registration opens
11:15 - Event Kickoff & Opening Remarks
11:30 - Pitches begin
12:15 - Pitches end, Scoring begins
-Scoring is 50% judges, 50% audience
-The audience will vote for their top pitch via sms text message codes
12:45 - Keynote address
1:00 - Winners announced
Emcee: Carl Pierre, InTheCapital
Companies (in alphabetical order):
- Barrel of Jobs
- Bindle Bags
- CasaNoVa Brewing
- Digital Wallet Plus
- Kinergy Health
- Maxx Potential, LLC.
- Micronic Technologies
- Seat Jumper
- Treatment Diaries Inc.
1. First Place -
a. $2,000 donation to the charity of your choice
b. Mentor session with the Panel
2. Second Place - $300 donation to the charity of your choice
3. Third Place - $200 donation to the charity of your choice
4. Door Prizes – Microsoft Windows Phone, Piola Gift Card, Medi Gift Card
Panel of Judges:
- Jonathan Aberman, Managing Director, Amplifier Ventures
- Aneesh Chopra, Former White House CTO, United States of America
- Jen Consalvo, COO and Co-Editor, Tech Cocktail
- Donna Harris, Managing Director Startup Regions, Startup America Partnership
- Jonathon Perrelli, Founding Partner, Fortify.vc
- Special Guest Judge(s), To be announced
Why you should go on Nov. 30 (even if you're not pitching):
- Support the Northern Virginia entrepreneur community
- Meet and network with area experts - investors, VC's, business leaders, government officials, media, and scholars
- Learn how to perfect your business pitch
- Great door prizes
- Free lunch
Still confused? Email any questions to StartupVAPitch2012@gmail.com
The StartupVA Pitch for Charity 2012 Team
In partnership with
MENDELSOHN, DRUCKER, & ASSOCIATES, P.C.
Patent, Trademark, and Copywright Law
When & Where
We at Startup Virginia believe Virginia is a startup hub, it just doesn't know it yet. We are a community of entrepreneurs, mentors, and investors that are coming together to support Virginia startups and the Virginia Entrepreneurial community.