Startups: YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE: SAVE 30-50% on 2014 Benefits NOW!
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Small Technology Companies/Startups: YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE!
- Did you know that you can save 30-50% on your Group Health Insurance over the next year and that this "coupon" will expire soon!
- Did you know you only have TWO WEEKS from today to decide and enroll?
The political talk on TV has absolutely nothing to do with small group plans (and it's most likely that it's too later to change direction) and has nothing to do with businesses with employees.
In this seminar we will show you how to SAVE hundreds to thousands of dollars on your business expenses in 2014 for your Business Insurance, Employee Benefits, Connect For Health Colorado Exchange and Payroll/HR.
Choosing 12/1/13 vs 1/1/14-- How you can save hundreds to thousands of dollars and some of the taxes imposed by PPACA by enrolling now and not waiting for your mid year renewal in 2014. (Specifically for small groups that don't qualify for the exchange and an average wage base of over $50,000).
We'll show you how a group of 4 can save thousands of dollars in the next year.
* How some employers will qualify for up to a 50% TAX CREDIT through the SHOP exchange (different from a deduction), especially startups taking lower salaries their first year in business.
* How the new SHOP exchange small group insurance plans help small employers with a lower wage base compete with big employers for top startup talent and how small groups with highly paid employees who don't qualify for the exchange will still qualify for tax deductions with a small group plan.
New Insurance Companies, new plan designs and new networks: How to pick an insurance company and plan design that fits you and or your employees and avoid being stuck if you:
1. Travel for business
2. Have employees who utilize Tier 4 and 5 Rx
3. Have children who are covered and live out of state.
Also, how some new plans and exchange plans are limited in network and access.
* How to determine if your employees are better off on the Exchange individually or if you are better off starting a group plan (Note: you have to apply to PEAK/Medicaid and get denied first for an individual subsidy!)
* How to cover the gap of high deductible/high co-insurance grandfathered and 2014 Bronze and Silver plans with low cost supplements.
* HCR legislation impacts on your HSA, HRA, FSA and Section 125
* Are you AUDIT READY? ERISA/Compliance issues affecting small groups in 2014
* Are you Overpaying for Payroll and HR? We'll show you some local options that will by SAVE your business hundreds to thousands of dollars per year (based on the size of your group). This is extra cash to help with increased health insurance costs.
Guest Speakers Include:
Caroline Johnson, with Warner Pacific, Denver's largest managing general agency for health coverage. She is an expert in Health Care Reform with years of experience supporting the broker community and their groups. Caroline and will provide an unbiased view of Health Care Reform, Insurance Companies and your options. Warner Pacific personnel are busy this fall educating several chambers of commerce and business associations about your options and compliance. Warner Pacific does not work with individuals and groups but supports the broker community so you will have a truly unbiased snapshot of what is going on now that open enrollment is here!
Stacey Gilbert, a TiE Rockies member is with Denver Tech Insurance and has over 15 years of experience in Business Coverage that includes management of a Fortune 200 account as a broker along with major/national accounts and brokerage management for two insurance companies. Stacey specializes in employee benefits, workers compensation, cyber liability and technology E&O and key person coverage for small technology companies.
Chris Martie, TASC Regional Manager A national company that handles thousands of small businesses flex plan administration, HSA's, HRAs, FSA's. Chris will be discussing compliance issues related to these plans and making sure your business is set up correctly as you choose a new group plan.
Handouts will be provided including: a checklist for small companies preparing for healthcare reform, a healthcare reform toolkit and a list of resources for protecting your business from a breach and if a breach happens. This is a non-biased, pitch-free informative seminar
If you are an advisor to small technology companies, please forward this information to your client.
Complimentary (limited number of Tickets
Seating is limited. REGISTER NOW!
Can't make the event? Call Stacey Gilbert 303-471-9424