Do you want to accelerate your idea? Meet a co-founder? Define a Business Model? Prototype your Minimal Viable Product and see if it gets traction? Do you want to prepare for an incubator or be ready to raise seed money?
Startup Monthly Idea Accelerator program will help you achieve these goals in 5 weeks!!! More details
Strong teams that work well together is one of the key factors for success in a startup. This Ice breaker event will help you meet new people and identify those who you would like to work with!!!
The event will be hosted at AOL, Palo Alto (395 Page Mill Road) at the auditorium on the first floor.
Ice Breaker event is a full day event focused on introducing you to your future co-founders or add more resources to your exciting team.
We’ve sold out all the biz dev discounted tickets, but if you are a biz person, you’ll be able to RSVP for $30 in our meetup or eventbrite.
There are still 20 slots available for developers and designers for $15 - RSVP Now!
These charges cover food/drinks/venues expenses
- 9am - 12pm - Series of challenges and activities to find people who you would like to work with
- 12pm - 1pm - Lunch break (food and drinks provided).
- 1pm - 2:30pm - Participants pitch their ideas and try to sell it to others
- 2:30pm - 4pm - Form teams and apply to the Idea Accelerator program.
We will limit one idea per person and time limit of 90 seconds per pitch. You are not required to present an idea but you can join other teams.
By the time participants begin to join teams they will be able to choose a team based on several criteria:
- Did I like working with this person?
- Do I like the presented idea?
- Do my skills fit the team’s need? Etc.
The Ice Breaker is separate from the Idea Accelerator Program which is a 5 week program that uses Lean Startup methodology and Customer Development to define a Business Model, prototype rapid MVP, test the market and show traction. You will be able to show your program results at our Final Demo event to a panel of investors and advisors that will give you suggestions on the next steps (Seed Investment, Incubator, etc)
Why should you attend the Ice Breaker?
This event is where you will build your team and recruit the missing resources, so it is critical that you take the time to get to know the members during the challenges and activities. Team is the most important in your next venture!!!
How will teams be chosen from the Ice Breaker into the Idea Accelerator Program?
- Well roundedness of teams.
- Teams have a strong mix of biz, dev, marketing, and idea co-founder (as necessary): 3-5 team members.
- Team cohesiveness.
- Participants must be able to listen to new ideas.
- Participants must be committed for 5 weeks.
- Participants that have worked together are welcome to join.
- Ideas that can be tested using Lean Startup methodology which can quickly define a minimum viable product (MVP), create a prototype, and perform a private launch. (Mobile, Web ideas, Mobile/Web for entreprise)
What resources should my team have?
3-5 team members
- Bring an idea to the team. Passionate about it...
- Unite group members around idea while being able to accept changes to initial idea.
- Lead development of MVP and help grow the idea into a product.
- Identify user needs and communicate design deliverables, such as specifications, storyboards, and illustrations.
- Develop new visual product identity, brand experience, and apply design elements to rough sketches and wireframes.
- Conduct market research to define problem and customer interaction with the product.
- Define how the product will be marketed to the customer and help spread the word of your product’s service.
Can I come with an existing team?
Yes. If you come with a team that is missing a couple of resources you will be able to add them during the Ice Breaker after attracting them with your idea and the existing team. If you don't need team members, you can apply without the Ice Breaker although the Ice Breaker is a great way to meet the program organizers and other participants.
How do I apply to the Idea Accelerator program?
Online team application will be available until August 29th, 12pm. All the teams will be reviewed by Startup Monthly team and acceptance notice will be sent by September 1st.
If you have questions, feel free to send them to email@example.com
Looking forward to work with you and your team.
Startup Monthly Team