San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Startup Grind Continues as part of The World's Largest Holiday Startup Party with Tom Howard - Founder of Adioso
This free event is aimed to put a party on for startups and is proudly sponsored by The Startup Lab Australia.
Adioso is a travel search and booking website for people who care about having amazing travel experiences.
The grand plan is to build the online travel agency of the future, by offering:
- search capabilities that are far more broad and flexible than traditional travel search tools - eg "Melbourne to Europe late September for 20-30 days"
- a user-interface built to align with the experimental, iterative approach people take when evaluating and choosing travel options
- search driven by interests and attractions - "snowboarding", "swimming with dolphins", "treehouse accommodation"
- personalisation of search results so you don't always have to tell the site which airlines or accommodation types you prefer
- search results that are pushed to you via email, mobile push or social media, so you don't have to keep coming back to the site to find out what's changed.
Founded in Australia in 2008 by Fenn Bailey and Tom Howard, Adioso was in the Winter ‘09 class of Y Combinator, and has received seed funding from Silicon Valley and travel industry investors.
As of November 2012, Adioso has a team of five engineers and designers in Australia and the US, and is about its first production-ready version that has global reach.
6:00 - Networking, Pizza, Beer & Wine
7:00 - Fireside Chat
8:00 - Questions and More Networking
Tom will join The Australian Startup Grind Alumni, a list invariably associated with the who's who of the tech world, one that continues to grow at a rapid rate.
Melbourne - The World's Most Liveable City will join Startup Grind as the 22nd Chapter initiated into the global network, proudly playing host to both local talent and Startup Grind Alumni alike.
LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE $FREE EVENT
The aim of Startup Grind Melbourne is to both showcase the best of local startups and help support the progression of online business, in addition to amplifying our voice within the international community.
Welcome to Startup Grind! Startup Grind is an event series and website designed to help educate, inspire, and connect local entrepreneurs. T
Hosted By Chris Joannou - Director of StartUp Grind Melbourne. Chris is a serial entrepreneur with businesses in everything from Tech to Tequila. Running one of Melbourne's Largest Online Business and Startup networks - The Melbourne Internet Business Group in addition to the Startup Lab.
We are happy to offer you Bizzabo, our official event networking app. Use it to:
1. Plan who to meet: Join the community, find out who's attending and pinpoint potential connections.
2. Socialize: Communicate with fellow attendees and add them to your social networks.
3. Stay up to date: Browse the agenda, see offers from sponsors, follow event tweets and more.
It takes a minute to download, and it’s completely free of charge.
Simply join the community to begin your networking!
Looking forward to seeing you at Startup Grind Unites for World's Largest Holiday Startup Party with Adioso on 12/12/2012!
When & Where
Startup Grind is a global startup community designed to educate, inspire, and connect entrepreneurs. We host monthly events around the world in more than 150 cities featuring successful local founders, innovators, educators and investors who share personal stories and lessons learned on the road to building great companies.
Our monthly fireside chat interviews, startup mixers and annual conferences provide ample opportunities to connect with amazing startups and the people behind them, tap into a strong support network, form meaningful connections and gain inspiration for the startup journey ahead.