One of the most important roles of a startup founder is fundraising. In this 1.5 hour Coloft Academy class, LA’s very own Dan Gould will share his experience with Startup Fundraising. Should you raise financing? Who should you approach and how should you do it? What are common mistakes and how can you avoid them?
- How to decide if and when you should raise outside funds
- What to prepare before you start
- Employee options and Advisors
- Identifying and meeting Angels and VCs
- Valuation Math
- Convertible debt, Preferred Stock, and what it means to your company
- Negotiating Term Sheets
Dan Gould is a founder of Chill and leads the technology team. Dan also founded Newroo (acquired by Fox Interactive Media), Ad.ly (the world’s largest celeb endorsement network) and Corridor. At Fox Audience Network, Dan served as Vice President of Technology. Dan previously was a researcher at the National Institute of Health and at Brown University Computer Graphics Group and has won a number of Computer Science awards.