Your goal at this hackathon will be to create the most socially beneficial, impressively designed, and well implemented website or application you can in 24 hours. Unlike some other large hackathons, your mentors will be working very closely with you starting a week before the event.
What it's all about
- Using your powers for good instead of evil
- Discussing ideas and forming teams via a dedicated website for participants and mentors
- Learning from the best - dedicated mentors, one per 4 teams
- Vying for big prizes!
- Enjoying free food!
- 12:00pm - Registration and lunch
- 12:30pm - 2 brief talks by mentors
- 1:00pm - Start hacking!
- 7:00pm - Dinner served
- 7:00pm - Elevator Pitches, third mentor talk
- 12:00am - Midnight snack
- 5:30am - Sunrise jog for the athletically inclined
- 8:00am - Breakfast served
- 10:30am - Judging begins
- 12:00pm - Prizes awarded
All platforms, and programming languages are welcome.
Questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
StartLabs was established by MIT engineering students in the summer of 2011 in order to catalyze student engineers to bring technical innovations to society through entrepreneurship, specifically by having students:
1.Start their own companies – transforming ideas and class projects into seed-stage ventures.
2. Work in rapidly expanding companies – place students in internships and full-time positions at promising startups.
We are creating the next generation of technical entrepreneurs.