Start Your Fall Organic Vegetable Garden
Saturday, September 8, 2012 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
It's time to plant out your fall and winter veggies: spicy arugula, beets, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliﬂower, chard, lettuce, peas, spinach and more. Have year-round vegetables using organic and sustainable techniques. We will cover sowing seeds, caring for seedlings, when to plant, how and when to harvest, and how to keep life in your soil through compost, mulch, bed prep, cover crops, rotation and hedge rows. Taught by Lisa Putnam and Kathleen Putnam. Lisa Putnam has a degree in Agricultural Economics from UC Davis and also studied nutrition science at Davis. She currently operates a small organic farm in Woodside and is a Master Gardener and Master Composter. Kathleen Putnam is a professional vegetable gardener serving the Mid-Peninsula and is a Certiﬁed Arborist.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.