Do you have a need for vocabulary instruction which is fun, effective, and full of strategies for increasing academic language for implementation in grades K-6? Please come to join us for breakfast before you hit the sessions at IRA.
Hilton Palacio Del Rio
El Mirador Room
Sunday, April 21
- uses authentic literature, in the form of a read-aloud for the introduction of the words
- provides explicit instruction in a set of carefully chosen, high utility words, or TIER II words
- gives students opportunities to engage actively with the word
- provides multiple exposures to the words over an extended period of time
- provides teaching strategies to enable students to learn words independently
- provides lots of ELL support
- takes only 15 min. a day
- AND is lots of FUN
Please RSVP by Friday, April 19th as space is limited. We hope to see you there.
When & Where
Developmental Studies Center
DSC is a nonprofit educational publisher dedicated to children’s intellectual, ethical, and social development. Since 1980, DSC has conducted research and developed school-based and after-school programs that help children develop capacities to think deeply and critically so they will continue learning throughout their lives and deepen their commitment to the values of kindness, helpfulness, personal responsibility, and respect for others.