Stanford University School of Medicine Kaltura Video Meet-up and Hackathon
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join Stanford University School of Medicine and Kaltura for the first Kaltura Video Mini-Hack!
To get started with the Kaltura API and building Kaltura Apps, visit: http://bit.ly/KalturaAppStart .
10:00am - 10:30am
Meet and greet
10:30am - 11:15am :
Presentation by the Web Services team of Stanford School of Medicine
- Identifying and transferring our videos from Akamai to Kaltura
- Analyzing our current environment and preparing for the migration
- Updating our core video script to utilize the Kaltura Dynamic Player
- Utilizing the Kaltura API to execute a mass update of our thumbnail images
- Installing, customizing and configuring MediaSpace in the Stanford Medicine context
11:20am - 12:30pm
Presentation by Kaltura - The Kaltura API and "Video Expirements"
- Building Kaltura API based Video Applications
- Showcase of exciting education related video experiences
- Sneak Peeks into the future of online video
12:30pm - 1:00pm
1:00pm - 4:40pm
Hackathon: Building HTML5 Education Video Apps
4:40pm - 5pm
Hackathon Apps Showcase and Closing
- First place: iPod Nano!
- And Google Play Credits!
Location: 3160 Porter Drive, Palo Alto, CA 94304
Conference Room: Pacific Conference Room
The building is the second building on the property towards the rear.
Parking: Parking located in the front of the building and enter through front doors. Follow the signs straight and conference room is on the right.
Additional parking: Additional parking in located at the rear of the building. Enter through rear doors near Bistro 3160 and the conference room is on the left past the bistro doors.
Transit: Buses drop off in front of and across the street from the address.
When & Where
Kaltura provides the world's first and only Open Source Online Video Platform. Our platform includes industry leading media management applications as well as a framework for developing custom apps. That basically means that we provide you with flexible video solutions to cover all of your needs - both now and in the future. Over 150,000 web publishers, media companies, enterprises, educational institutions and service providers use Kaltura’s flexible platform to enhance their websites, web-services, and web-platforms with advanced video functionalities.