Stand Up - Stop Bullying Now
Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
State approved continuing education units for Community Health Workers
The session will introduce participants to frontline strategies to prevent bullying. Bullying has been identified as the most prevalent form of school violence in the United States. While specific students have been revealed, the percentage rates of school aged children who have reported being bullied ranges from ten (10) to seventy-five (75) percent. Per the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, most studies suggest fifteen (15) to twenty (20) percent of all students will experience some sort of bullying in their young lives.
Upon completion of this session, attendees will have received information that should allow them to:
- Increase awareness and understanding of bullying.
- Showcase best practices models of the prevention of bullying.
- Highlight the causes of bullying.
- Address different causes of bullying.
- Communicate how to initiate interventions and manage strategies for the management of bullying.