San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Stakeholders Institute invites you to a special open session of their successful program. One of the ways Stakeholders can get engaged is through board service.
Boards members are responsible for defining the mission of an organization, ensuring its success and overseeing its operations. But with great power, comes great responsibility. This session will provide an overview of what you need to consider when serving on a board.
Event: ABC’s & 123’s of Board Service
Date: November 10, 2012 – 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Albany Public Library
Main Branch – Large Auditorium
161 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12210
Sponsored by: The Stakeholders Inc.
Our panelists will discuss the general duties, financial oversight, and legal and ethical responsibilities of board membership. This program is great for anyone considering board service, new to an organization, or looking for a refresher. The panelists have professional expertise and board service experience to share:
- Susan L. Axelrod, CFRE, PFR, Philanthropy Advisor
- Catherine Hedgeman, Esq., CEO The Stakeholders
- Robert S. Schneider CAE, CPA, New York State School Boards Association- Director of Finance
- Steven Madarasz, CSEA Director of Communications, Board President of The Mental Health Foundation
- Lori Matt-Murphy, University at Albany- Associate for Planned Giving University at Albany
$20 to support The Stakeholders Inc educational programs.
For more information, email email@example.com
When & Where
Ray Patterson - Ray@TheStakeholders.org
The mission of the Stakeholders is to inspire and equip people to take action in the community.