PLEASE NOTE: THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL. The next available class is on October 12th for the Austin Area and you can register at www.tosaclass1.eventbrite.com - thank you!
Open to Critical Care Staff, RTs, OR, Chaplains, Social Workers & Administrators
TOSA WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Discuss the critical shortage of organs available for transplant
- Discuss CMS & JCAHO Regulations and HRSA Community of Practice Goals related to organ donation
- Discuss the potential for organ and tissue donation in your hospital
- Describe the role of the hospital staff in the donation process
- Discuss First Person Consent and the different methods for approaching families about donation
- Describe donor management and recovery procedures and processes
7 Contact hours for FREE!
Breakfast & Lunch Provided.
Take the Far West exit off of North Mopac; at the intersection of Far West and the Mopac access road (west of Mopac) there's a sign on that corner that says One Far West and Plaza 7000 - continue onto Far West and take your first right into One Far West. The parking ramp is ahead; park on the 3rd floor or higher. Then when you walk out of the ramp, Plaza 7000 (on the Mopac side) is the building to your left, behind One Far West (3410 Far West). Once in Plaza 7000, take the elevator to the third floor and we're in Suite 325 to your left at the end of the hall. If you have trouble finding us, please call 459-4848 for assistance. Thank you!
Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA)
The Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA) is one of only 58 non-profit 501(c)(3), independent, federally-designated Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) in the United States dedicated to educating and providing organ donation and recovery services to families wishing to donate and to those waiting for a life-saving organ transplant. Founded in 1975, TOSA serves 56 counties in South and Central Texas.
Contact: Jody Gibson
Office Direct 512.342.8017