San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Expand your SQLSaturday #287 Madison experience with one of our amazing pre-conference sessions!
VMware vExpert and SQL Server performance expert David Klee leads this full-day, hands-on introduction to enabling and managing a virtualized SQL Server environment. The focus of the course is to help those new to virtualization and/or infrastructure concepts to become familiar with the concept and purposes of virtualization and how it can benefit them as data professionals. Participants will gain exposure to all layers of virtualization underneath SQL Server, from storage to hypervisor to the SQL Server instance, and will learn how to construct the entire stack with the focus on SQL Server performance.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand key virtualization and cloud concepts
- Determine the optimal infrastructure configuration for best performance
- Construct a SQL Server virtual machine template with best practices for agility and performance
- Understand how and what stack metrics to benchmark and baseline to ensure proper objective performance measurement
- Identify and remediate common virtualized SQL Server performance killers
- Understand proper virtualized capacity management techniques for long term management
Attendees with the following experiences will benefit the most from this course:
- Basic familiarity with the core components of a server
- SQL Server installation and configuration
- Exposure to SQL Server performance metric measurement and identification
A working set of the screens and configuration settings referenced in the session, together with the reference slides and documentation, will be provided to attendees, for prospective reference in working with virtualized SQL Server in their own environments.
About The Instructor
David Klee, VMware vExpert 2013, is a SQL Server performance and virtualization expert. With over sixteen years of IT experience, David spends his days handling performance and HA/DR architecture of physical and virtualized mission critical SQL Servers as Group Principal and Practice Lead for Linchpin People and the Founder and Chief Architect for Heraflux Technologies. His areas of expertise are virtualization and performance, datacenter architecture, software engineering, security, and business process analysis. When not geeking out on database and infrastructure technologies, David enjoys anything with a motor and is an aspiring amateur photographer. You can read his blogs at davidklee.net and reach him on Twitter at @kleegeek or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
David speaks at a number of national and regional technology related events. The numerous events include multiple SQL PASS Summits, VMware Partner Exchange, numerous SQL Saturday events, VMware User Groups, SQL PASS virtual chapter webinars, and many SQL Server User Groups.
When & Where
SQL Saturday Madison
SQLSaturday is a training event for SQL Server professionals and those wanting to learn about SQL Server. We're hosting a SQLSaturday in Madison, WI for the third year running, so see our website for more information!