On Thursday, March 20 from 7-9pm,
Join The Westin New York Grand Central Hotel and FiTMAPPED
for a Spring Fitness Break
To jumpstart spring fitness and celebrate the launch of Westin Hotels & Resorts' Well-Being Movement, join The Westin New York Grand Central in Manhattan and FiTMAPPED for a complimentary Spring Fitness Break and interactive wellness seminar, with activities including:
- Unwind and slow down with a simple flow of group yoga stretches and guided meditation led by Mang'Oh Yoga of New York City
- Interact with leading fitness experts during an Q&A panel featuring Anita Mirchandani of FiTMAPPED, Willow Jarosh of C&J Nutrition, Samantha Lynch of Samantha Lynch Nutrition, Jaime Schwartz, VP of Nutrition Strategy & Health Influencer Communications at Ketchum and Sarah Strong of Wellness Coaches USA
- Treat yourself to healthy Superfoods-infused snacks and smoothies
- Win wellness-themed prizes including overnight stays at The Westin New York Grand Central Hotel, gift certificates for Citi Bike annual memberships, complimentary 10-class packages for Mang’Oh Yoga and $100 New Balance gift cards good towards the purchase of running shoes
- Energize with details about Westin fitness programs including RunWESTIN and New Balance Gear Lending programs
Attendees are encouraged to create a profile on FiTMAPPED and utilize SweatSync, a free social fitness platform for fitness seekers and enthusiasts, to add this event to your calendar.
All participants must sign a waiver and statement of physical readiness prior to participation. The event will take place in the hotel's Grand Central Ballroom.
Join the Westin Well-Being Movement, a global initiative dedicated to enhancing the lives of travelers around the world. Visit Westin.com to learn more. Follow The Movement, #WestinWellBeing.
FiTMAPPED is a "trip advisor" for fitness, providing a comprehensive database of fitness listings available to residents of NYC, LA, Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia. Attendees are encouraged to sign up and join the SweatSync community, a *free*social fitness platform for fitness seekers, and add the Spring Fitness Break event to their calendars. Let's get social in fitness!
Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, The Westin New York Grand Central opened in October 2012 after a $75 million complete renovation to reveal a modern design and signature Westin amenities. The hotel features 774 spacious guest rooms and suites, a 3,000 square-foot WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio and THE LCL: Bar & Kitchen, the first bar and food concept from nightlife leader Gerber Group in a Westin property. For events, the hotel offers 15,000 square feet of sophisticated meeting space including the brand new Madison Ballroom, all with open room design and state-of-the-art technology. The hotel is ideally situated just two blocks from Grand Central and steps from landmarks including the Chrysler Building and Rockefeller Center.
SPRING FITNESS BREAK SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Spring Fitness Break Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, excluding residents of Rhode Island, who have reached the age of majority or older at time of entry, who are registered and present at the Spring Fitness Break, (the “Event”) at the Westin New York Grand Central Hotel on March 20, 2014. Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the Westin New York Grand Central Hotel, 212 East 42nd Street, NY, NY 10017 (the “Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will take place at the Event on March 20, 2014 between 7 pm and 9 pm. (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All winners must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
5. PARTICIPATION/DRAWING: In order to be eligible Participants must register online at http://SprintFitnessBreak.eventbrite.com or call the Westin NY Grand Central directly to register to attend the Spring Fitness Break to be entered into a random drawing to win. Eight (8) winners will be randomly chosen in a live drawing during the Event. Participants must be present at the time of the drawing to win.
Grand Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prize winners will receive a one (1) night stay for two (2) to the Westin New York Grand Central based on double occupancy in a standard room. Approximate retail value $600.00. All travel must be completed by March 20, 2015.
Two (2) winners will each receive a gift certificate for a Citi Bike annual membership. If the winner is a current Citi Bike member, the gift certificate can be used to extend their existing subscription by twelve (12) months in the form of a renewal. Approximate retail value $95. Gift certificate must be redeemed by expiration date as indicated.
Two (2) winners will each receive a New Balance® gift card for running shoes. Approximate retail value $100. Gift card must be redeemed by expiration date as indicated.
Two (2) winners will each receive a Mang’Oh Yoga Studio gift certificate for a 10-class package. Approximate retail value $160. Gift card must be redeemed by expiration date as indicated.
All prizes will be awarded in the form of a voucher and must be used by March 20, 2014. All travel awards will be subject to availability at the time of booking. Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize(s) are not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. All expenses not expressly specified are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize(s).
7. NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will announce all winners at the Event on March 20, 2014. All winners must be present at the time of drawing.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, voice, likeness and country of residence for the purpose of advertising, trade or promotion, in any media throughout the world, without further payment or consideration.
9. PRIVACY: By providing this information, you authorize Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. ("Starwood"): to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Starwood business related purposes; to store your information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States, or elsewhere. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at www.starwoodhotels.com.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, incidental, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Westin and its respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. or its affiliates.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
13. WINNERS LIST: To request a winner’s list send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Melissa Braverman, Marketing Manager, Westin NY Grand Central, 212 East 42nd Street, NY, NY 10017 by May 4, 2014. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.