Spring 2015 Compass Placement Exam
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ATC Admissions Testing
THIS TICKET CONFIRMATION IS NOT A RECEIPT!!! Please ensure that you bring a PRINTED copy of your receipt that verifies you have paid your $20 application fee or $15 re-test fee.
Applicants for ATC admission must take the required 4 parts of the COMPASS or ASSET placement test or submit official (sealed) satisfactory scores on the SAT1, ACT, ASSET, or COMPASS placement test. The test is not required if you received a grade of C or better in degree-level English and math courses from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution. Algebra placement test scores are required for certain diploma programs and all degree programs. Test scores are considered valid for placement for a period of 5 years.
FOR THE TEST, YOU MUST BRING YOUR REGISTRATION FORM, PRINTED RECEIPT AND IDENTIFICATION OR YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO TEST. NO EXCEPTION!!!
- Your COMPASS testing session will be held in the Atlanta Technical College Testing Center, which is to be entered on the back side of Building G, also home to the Atlanta Tech Library.
- Test check-in will begin promptly at the scheduled time, so DO NOT ARRIVE LATE.
- You must bring your driver’s license, state ID, military ID, or passport to be admitted.
- You must also bring the receipt for your ATC application fee payment to be admitted. DO NOT MAKE PAYMENT ON THIS WEBSITE.
- Cell Phones are not permitted
- Children are not allowed in the Testing Center, and since waiting space is very limited, guests will be asked to wait elsewhere.
- Basic four-function calculators may be brought and used while taking the test.
- Review and study material may be found online at www.GAcollege411.org or at http://www.act.org/compass/sample.
- Each test session will have a three hour time limit; those not completing during that time will need to schedule another testing appointment to finish.
- Test score reports are available immediately following the test; and the test proctor will explain your scores and answer questions about them.
- COMPASS scores indicate areas in which you are strong and areas in which you may need help. Your scores can identify problems in major subject areas before they disrupt your educational progress, giving you the opportunity to prepare more effectively for needed courses.
- Low scores do not prevent admission to Atlanta Tech, but may demonstrate the need for additional academic work through our Learning Support department.
To get a printed copy of your receipt:
- If you applied on-line, print the receipt provided after submitting your application.
- If you applied by mail, you may contact the business office to request a copy of the receipt.
- If you applied in person or lost your receipt, you may get a copy of your receipt from the Business Office. The Business Office is located in the Cleveland Dennard Building and is open M-Th 9am to 7pm, Friday 9am to noon.