This course teaches lay rescuers how to recognize and treat life-threatening emergencies, including sudden cardiac arrest, rescue position and choking for adult, child, and infant victims. Students also learn how to perform CPR using a barrier device and how to effectively use an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) through hands-on training and classroom lecture.ASHI CPR/AED certification card for Adult, Child, and infant is issued after all class requirements are met (Check out the ASHI website (www.ASHInstitute.org). Certification card is valid for 1-2 years depending on your skill level for the home and workplace. This class does not cover First-Aid and is not adequate for Heathcare Professionals.
You must be 14 and older to receive a certification card (due to test comprehension and hands-on evaluation) Children under 14 are encouraged to take this course to learn the important skills but will not receive a certification card.
Other Important Information:
1. You must be scheduled for a class in order to attend, no drop ins will be accepted.
2. If you need to cancel or reschedule please do so 3 days beforehand. (if you do not show up to class without canceling you will automatically be added to our naughty list in hopes of being able to attend a class in the future, this does not guarentee you a spot).
3. Classes run from 6-9pm roughly, please show up 10-15 min early as there is paperwork you need to fill out ahead of time.
4. Class starts promptly at 6pm (if you are late you may be turned away for already missing vital infromation in order to receive a cetification card).
5. Please bring some kind of picture identifcation with you to class
6. You only need to attend one class to become certified
7. Children are not to accompany you to class
8. Please dress appropriately! You will actually perform CPR with dummies! This means, ladies, please no dress/skirts and crewneck shirts are better than blousy tops!
9. There will be no breaks during this 3 hour time period (snacks/drinks are okay as long as they are not distracting)
10. Remember that this is a “Community CPR” class. If you're in the medical/health field, this will not be sufficient enough for your needs.
Looking forward to having you join us here at Sports Basement!