Speed Metal! 7/17/2014 (Livingsocial)
Thursday, July 17, 2014 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Loading your connections...
3 of your friends are going. Share it to get more people on board! Share
San Francisco, California
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
London, United Kingdom
Thank you for enrolling in Speed Metal!
Please bring your livingsocial deal receipt!
We will be handling and working with metal working tools in a metalworking facility.
For your safety, we insist that you wear long sleeves and closed toed shoes. Sneaker and heels will not protect your feet.
Drop-in is availble for people who did not buy the livingsocial voucher. Contact@allmetalarts.org for details.
This class is designed to introduce the key concepts and essential tools and procedures of metalwork and welding very, very rapidly.
The class is geared toward orienting you to metalworking tools and techniques, we will not be making a project in this class.
. You will be asked to sign a wiaver and provide us with your email if you wish to hear about other classes.
We will not be undertaking any activity that is (opinion) more dangerous than commuting by car.
Kids 15+ may attend if accompanied by a parent.
You will be provided with everything you need for the class, eye-gear, gloves, materials and consumables and tooling.
We intend that you will have an educational and fun experience and hope that you will consider taking other classes from us in the future.
Speed metal is the only class of it's kind, we are gratified by the positive feedback we have recieved thus far.
Our other Class offerings are posted at allmetalarts.org and at the Allmetalarts facebook page.
These Classes are ticketed at eventbrite and may be found by searching Welding or Rusty Oliver.
Please take fifty-two seconds to review the directions below.
The class will be taught at 7800 seventh ave south cross st Chicago.
I have included detailed-time-tested directions, please, please actually take a moment to actually read them.
7800 7th Ave S. 98108 Seattle Wa in the Olympic Steel Door building. IF YOU MAPQUEST, BE SURE TO INCLUDE THE BUILDING. This address is in the South Park neighborhood on the West side of the Duwamish, near the intersection where 99 south becomes 509 roughly a mile west and two miles South of the Nine Pound Hammer in Georgetown; or a five minute drive from the intersection of Michigan and East Marginal Way South.
Directions from 99 South of Spokane St:
- Proceed South on 99. We are located near the intersection where 99 south becomes 509.
- Just south of Michigan St., you will drive onto the first aveneue south Drawbridge
- Keep right to take the first exit on your right, bearing right onto W. Marginal Way South.
- You will now describe a long circle to the right that takes you back underneath the bridge you just crossed.
- Keep right, proceed forward about a 1/4 mile. You are now at a lighted intersection that bears to the right taking you under the bride you were just on. Do not stray from this course.
- Continue to bear to the right and cross underneath the bridge, the road will now have brought you around a full 360° so that you are headed south again.
- Once you have passed underneath the bridge get into the left lane. You are now headed south toward S. Holden st, parallel to the bridge and just East of it. Proceed about two hundred meters.
- At the lighted intersection ahead, turn left (east) onto S Holden. Look carefully for the sign it is comparatively small.
- Proceed two blocks ahead (East) to 5th ave s.. Pretzel Logic Deli is on your right, The Gear Works is across the street also on your right.
- Proceed two more blocks to 7th ave south. Turn right onto 7th.
- Proceed two blocks. At the intersection of 7th & Chicago, the road will look as though it was recently carpet-bombed. It wasn't.
- The Olympic Steel Door Building is the baby blue steel building ahead on your left. All Metal Arts is located in the easternmost (furthest) bay. It is an unmarked location as theft is prevalent around here. Look for the shipping container and the canoe.
- If you are here after business hours or on the weekend, park anywhere in front of my bay or in the Washington lift gate truck lot across the street.
- Please avoid parking in front of any of the other bays. There is ample parking to the west along the street adjacent to Irish wire rope.
- Please avoid parking in front of the other businesses in this building.
Note: The south Park bridge may also be useful, it will entail a completely different route from that detailed above.
This area is not straightforward but not difficult once you have navigated it successfully. Please review these directions prior.
The link to the map may help. If you do get lost and are not eaten by mutant waterfowl, I may not be able to help once class has started. If you are eaten by mutant waterfowl any survivors have a good shot at a made for tv movie. Congrats!
Have questions about Speed Metal! 7/17/2014 (Livingsocial)? Contact All Metal Arts Seattle, Rusty Oliver