Roastress Coops and Proud Mary Coffee are teaming up to deliver a Kick-Ass
Specialty Coffee Roasting Course!
Only 6 spots per course to ensure maximum time and attention can be given to all attendees
This course aims to provide basic, foundation knowledge and practical, hands-on experience in roasting Specialty Coffee for coffee industry professionals and even coffee enthusiasts looking to improve their current skills and knowledge.
The 2 day course will include:
Times for Course:
Saturday: 8.30am - 4.30pm
Sunday: 8.30am - 3.30/4pm
What You Learn
• Operation of Specialty Coffee roasting machines – Proaster sample roaster & Probat UG15
• Roasting process and Roast profiles - how to control a roast in order to achieve optimum cup character for specialty grade, single origin coffees
• How to ‘cup’ and evaluate roasted coffees and taste roasting qualities, faults and differences between various roast profiles – espresso vs filter vs sample.
What You Get
• Foundation knowledge and expert advice from a Specialty Coffee industry professional
* Education is everything. Don’t ever stop learning. It will be the best thing for your career as a roaster to do Anne’s roasting course! Richard - Silipo Coffee
* Thanks again for all your help! Our roast profiles have improved out of sight after doing the course. I learnt sooo much and really thank you for sharing so much of your knowledge and passion with us. It means a lot. Dan – Melbourne
* Our coffee roasting weekend after the course was awesome!!! We used so much of the info from the roasting course. Thanks to you, we are on our way to becoming better roasters!!! Sam & Dan - Ground and Pound Coffee
*Just wanted to say thank you once again for the weekend, it was great to be exposed to some great info and the opportunity to use a variety of different roasters. Michael - Cabrito Coffee
* I'm working over my roaster at the moment busting out a 30kg order. I'm not joking when I say I'm getting some of the best results I've ever had!!
I seriously can't be happier Anne! I'm now super, super excited!! Initially I was hesitant to come to the course because I thought that $1000 could be better spent elsewhere. But I'm so, so glad now, that's $1000 of beans I would have butchered previously and now I have a solid base of knowledge to steer me in a better direction than where I was going.
I’m so glad I was able to partake in this course. The abundance of knowledge was priceless. For once I got to nerd out with other like-minded people! Thank you so much!! Brendon - Melbourne
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
On Saturdays the street meters are active so parking is available behind Aunty Pegs. On Sunday parking meters are not active and there is plenty of parking on Wellington St.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
If you have a particular green bean you wish to roast then by all means bring that along.
Can I update my registration information?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, or at least have access to your confirmation email on your phone.
What is the refund policy?
If, due to unforeseen circumstances, you are unable to make the course and cannot reschedule to the next course then a full refund will be issued.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
This will be acccepted only with a written/verbal confirmation from the person whose name is on the registration stating that the attendee is eligible to use that ticket.
AWARD WINNING ROASTRESS * SPECIALTY COFFEE ROAST PROFILING * COFFEE ROASTING PRODUCTION * CERTIFIED CUPPER, QC & JUDGE *ASCA & USBC COMPETITOR *
With over 23 years working in the Coffee Industry, Anne has gained experience in many areas of the industry - as Barista, Café Owner/Manager, National Trainer & Assessor, to Head Roaster & Roasting Production Manager - from a grass roots level through to a national and international corporate level.
Anne has also competed in, won and judged State and National Barista, Cup Tasting and Roasting competitions in both Australia (ASCA) and the USA (NERBC, USBC & RG).
After completing the SCAA Cupping Judge & Q Graders Certification, Anne gained valuable industry experience working in the USA as Head Roaster for Specialty Coffee Company Dallis Bros Coffee in New York City and also judged as a member of the International Jury for Cup of Excellence in Brazil.
Upon returning to Australia, Anne was Head Roaster at Proud Mary Coffee and then Axil Coffee Roasters in Melbourne.
She also took on the role as Head Judge for the Golden Bean Roasting Competition - the largest roasting competition in the southern hemisphere and also a competition she has won twice.
Anne's prolific coffee career has allowed her to develop extensive skills and knowledge with a wide range of roasting machines (from Petroncini commodity roasters to Specialty Probat roasters), various roasting techniques and industry relevant processes and protocols.
Now working independently, Anne continues to impart her vast knowledge and specialty skills training and consulting within the Australian and USA coffee industry.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.