Speak(Geek) is a crash course designed for startup Founders that don't have tech backgrounds. The promise is that in 4 half-days, we'll teach you enough about the fundamentals of web development to drastically improve your ability to recruit, manage, and collaborate with software developers, as well as generally understand the tech world around you. We cover everything from ideation and design to development and deployment, with a focus on "how it all fits together."
The course is fast-paced and interactive, bring laptops and space in your brain to learn!
"After taking the course, it's hard to remember what it was like not to know this stuff."
- Adele Maynes
Who is the course for?
Speak(Geek) is designed for non-technical startup Founders. It is valuable for Founders who have asked themselves some of the following questions:
- Where can I find good developers?
- How can I effectively manage and motivate engineers on my team?
- What are the key differences between Ruby, Python, PHP, Node.js, etc.?
- How can I assess the skill level of a developer?
- How can I use Github to follow the progress of product or feature developments?
- How can I use data analytics to improve the uptake of my product?
Day 1 - Development Process & Tools, Team Roles & Responsibilities, UX, UI
Day 3 - Structured & Unstructured Databases, Data Modeling, Server Admin & Scaling, Big Data
Day 4 - Programming Languages, Data Manipulation, REST/APIs, Request-Response Cycle
Note: All classes are held on Tuesdays from 4 - 8:30pm @ NestGSV, Apr 2, 9, 16, and 23.
Speak(Geek) spots are allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis, with a cap of 12 participants. Register now to secure your spot, or if you have additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.