Please join us a full day of activities. First we'll have a mini panel featuring Stephanie Bleyer, engagement consultant and founder of Six Foot Chipmunk -- along with other local artists and practitioners: Nicole McGee, upcycling and re-use artist, community liaison and founder of Plenty Underfoot; Liz Maugans, visual artist and Director of Zygote Press; and Chris Seibert, performing artist and Education Director, Cleveland Public Theatre. Each will present stories on taking action and empowering your voice while using your artwork.
The day will also include “clinics” for individual artists from 1 – 4 p.m. During this time, artists will have the opportunity to access panelists and other experts through 15 – 20 minute sessions for one on one advice on specific projects, tips in approaching an issue they would like to tackle in some way that might involve civic engagement or social/arts activism, and general advice and guidance.
Among the advisors:
- Stephanie Bleyer, Six Foot Chipmunk
- Chris Klasa, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts - CMBA
- James Levin, Arts Activist / Artist / Attorney
- Meg Matko, CPAC / Creative Compass / Individual Artist
- Liz Maugans, Zygote Press
- Nicole McGee, Plenty Underfoot / St. Clair-Superior Development Corp
- Chris Seibert, Cleveland Public Theatre
- Meredith C. Shoop, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts - CMBA
Seating is limited for this event and the cost to attend is $10.00.
Snacks and refreshments will also be provided.
made possible by:
When & Where
The Community Partnership for Arts and Culture
CPAC is dedicated to strengthening and unifying greater Cleveland's arts and culture sector.