Conference for Basic Skills Initiative (BSI) Coordinators
Sponsored by the California Community Colleges' Success Network (3CSN-the BSI professional development grant) in collaboration with the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office (CCCCO)
- Northern California: Friday, September 16, 2011 at Sacramento City College
- Southern California: Friday, September 23, 2011 at North Orange County Community College District-Anaheim Campus
9:30 am to 3:30 pm
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
All ESL/Basic Skills Coordinators are invited to this FREE event.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Review current long-term goals identified on your campus ESL/BSI action plan to ensure measurability, clarity, and relationship to improving student completion in the areas of ESL/Basic Skills
- Review ESL/BSI-funded activities on your campus to identify which goal they link to, what strategy in the Poppy Copy they address, and how the activities are helping students succeed
- Review the current evaluation plans in place for ESL/BSI-funded activities to ensure that successes are measured and documented.
- Welcome and introduction to the new Action Plan form-Mark Wade Liu
- Examining your campus's long-term goals as they relate to student success and the ESL/Basic Skills Initiative
- Collecting and evaluating the data of your BSI-Funded activities
- Introduction to the new BSI Cohort Tracking Tool
Please bring a copy of your 2009/10 action plans as well as the draft of your new 2010/11 action plans.
NOCCCD- Anaheim Campus
1830 West Romneya Drive
Anaheim, CA 92801
When & Where
Thank you for registering for the Southern California Basic Skills Initiative Coordinators’ Workshop sponsored by 3CSN. This workshop will take place from 9 am to around 3:30 pm this Friday, September 23, 2011, at the North Orange County Community College District Office (NOCCCD) in Anaheim.
The event is located at
1830 West Romneya Drive, Anaheim, CA 92801
We will be meeting in the Board Room (rooms 105 & 107).
CHECK-IN begins at 9:00 am.
Please arrive early for check-in and to enjoy an opportunity to engage in dialogue with your colleagues from other campuses. Continental breakfast (pastries, fruit, and coffee) will be available. You will also be provided with lunch at noon.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring a copy of your 2011-12 BSI Action Plan as well as your BSI Goals. If this is incomplete (still a work in progress), please also bring a copy of your 2010-11 Action Plan. Some of the more recent Action Plans may not list your college’s BSI goals, so please dig around for them. Your goals were first created when you did your BSI Self Study, but updates may have occurred since then. Much of the day will involve analysis of your Action Plans, with 3CSN facilitators available to assist you.
Please note that the focus of this event’s activities is on strategic planning and prioritization of goals and activities for NEXT YEAR. Mark Wade Lieu from the Chancellor’s Office will be present all day to help answer your questions about planning for next year as well as to answer your specific questions about the report that is due Oct. 10th.
PARKING: Parking Permits are not required, but you must park head in. Otherwise you will be cited.
Here is a link to the NOCCCD District Office Map:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact 3CSN Coordinator, Jan Connal, at 562-860-2451 x2143 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you this Friday!