*For families who live with an individual with a disability
A one day conference that assists families in navigating a complex system.
REGISTER ONLINE AT:https://soonersuccessontheroadtulsa.eventbrite.com
Sponsored by: SoonerSUCCESS •Oklahoma PTA • Developmental Disabilities Services (OKDHS/DDS)
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 PERKINS AUDITORIUM-SIGNS TO LOCATION
Schusterman Center,University of Oklahoma/Tulsa Campus,4502 E. 41st, Tulsa OK. 918.660.3307
Agenda Morning Session
8:00am-8:30am Registration (Light Breakfast) and Welcome
Community Guide-How to use the Community Guide in navigating eligibility of services
- TEFRA—Medicaid for children with disabilities only the child’s income is counted.
- SSI/DCP-Social Security/Disabled Children’s Program- Overview of Program
- Make Promises Happen Camp—Overview of camp activities.
- DDS- Guardianship overview
- TARC- Learn to be guardian, or join the OK AIM Monitoring Team
- Epilepsy Association of Oklahoma- OVerview of services.
9:25am -10:25am—Advocacy and Support Panel
- Partners in Policymaking—Learn in 9 months how to be an advocacy expert for your family member and yourself..
- Down Syndrome Association of Tulsa—Services and support groups.
- Easter Seals of Oklahoma-- Overview of services.
- Oklahoma People First—Empowering self-advocates.
- Oklahoma PTA- Overview of advocacy efforts.
- Autism Center of Tulsa—Overview of services.
- Sibshops- Overview of how to start one and what they are
Break 10:25am-10:35 am
- 10:35am-11:00am- Assistive Technology presentation--Oklahoma ABLE Tech
- 11:00am-12:00pm- Overview of Developmental Disabilities Services /DDS
LUNCH (provided) 12:00pm- 1:00pm Assistive Technology Demonstration at lunch.
1:00 pm to 3:00pm- State and Local Q and A Panel
- Oklahoma Family Network- Become a family mentor to a family who has a child with a disability.
- Oklahoma State Department of Ed/Special Education -- Special Ed Overview. 3-22 ages.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services - Job information for your family member who has a disability.
- Office of Disability Concerns- Overview of services.
- DMHSAS-Mental Health Wrap Around- Learn how wrap around can change the life of the family and person who has a mental Illness.
- Okla. Disability Law Center/PEAPOD - (ODLC) – Learn parents rights under IDEA.
- Okla. Parents Center-(OPC) - Trainings to learn to be a better advocate for your child ages 0-26.
- SoonerSTART-- Early intervention program ages 0-3.
- Sooner SUCCESS – How your county Coordinator can help families navigate the system for services.
Call Lisa Debolt at 918-299-0941 or Lisa-Debolt@ouhsc.edu or
Gina Ferman at 918-699-5004 or Gina-Ferman@ouhsc.edu
Sally Selvidge at 405-812-5076 cell or Sally-Selvidge@ouhsc.edu
When & Where
Serving-Supporting-Building INCLUSIVE Communites for Oklahoma Children and youth.
The Mission of Sooner SUCCESS is to advance an INCLUSIVE comprehensive, unified system of health, social and educational services for Oklahoma children and youth with special needs.