Sooner SUCCESS Choctaw On The Road Family Perspective Conference
Thursday, November 21, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*For families who live with an individual with a disability
A one day conference that assists families in navigating a complex system.
REGISTER ONLINE AT:https://choctawontheroadconferernce.eventbrite.com
Sponsored by: Sooner SUCCESS• Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center• Developmental Disabilities Services Division (OKDHS/DDSD)
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center, 4601 N. Choctaw Rd, Choctaw, OK. 405.390.5331.
Agenda Morning Session
8:00am-8:30am Registration (Light Breakfast) and Welcome
- Sooner SUCCESS – How your county Coordinator can help families navigate the system for services.
- Community Guide-How to use the Community Guide in navigating eligibility of services
- TEFRA—Medicaid for children with disabilities only the child’s income is counted.
- SSI/DCP-Social Security/Disabled Children’s Program- Overview of Program
- DDSD Guardianship Program-Overview of guardianship options if needed
- Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center—Overview of Services
9:25am -10:25am—Advocacy and Support Panel
- Partners in Policymaking—Learn in 9 months how to be an advocacy expert for your family member and yourself.
- TARC- Learn to be guardian, or join the OK AIM Monitoring Team.
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma—Services and support groups.
- Person- Centered Story—Learn how a person-centered story can change a family member’s life.
- Oklahoma People First—Empowering self-advocates.
Break 10:25am-10:35 am
- 10:35am-11:00am- Assistive Technology presentation--Oklahoma ABLE Tech
- 11:00am-11:45am-Overview of Developmental Disabilities Services Division/DDSD
LUNCH (provided) 12:00pm- 12:30pm; 12:30pm to 1:00pm- AT Demonstration at lunch.
1:00 pm to 3:00pm- State and Local Q and A Panel
Oklahoma Family Network- Become a family mentor to a family who has a child with a disability.
- Oklahoma State Department of Ed/Special Education -- Special Ed Overview. 0-22 ages.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services - Job information for your family member who has a disability.
- ODMHSAS-Mental Health Wrap Around- Learn how wrap around can change the life of the family and person who has a mental Illness.
- Okla. Disability Law Center/PEAPOD - (ODLC) – Learn parents rights under IDEA.
- Okla. Parents Center-(OPC) - Trainings to learn to be a better advocate for your child.
- Native American Parent Center- Outreach to Native American families who have a child with a disability.
- Eastern Oklahoma Tech Center—Transition Services Overview.
- Central Okla. Workforce Investment Board-Overview of job training and employment services.
Family Outreach Coordinator, Sooner SUCCESS
940 NE 13TH ST. STE. 3890
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Cell- 405.812.5076/FAX 405.271.8851
Oklahoma County Sooner SUCCESS Coordinator
940 NE 13th, Ste. 3890
Oklahoma City , OK 73104
Cell: 405.642.1507/FAX 405.271.8851
Transition Specialist Coordinator
Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center
4601 Choctaw Rd
Choctaw, OK 73020
405.390.5331 FAX 405.390.9598
Kelly Myrick email@example.com
Questions? Contact-- Sally or Lori or Vickey or Kelly at Sally-Selvidge@ouhsc.edu or
When & Where
Serving-Supporting-Building INCLUSIVE Communites for Oklahoma Children and youth.
The Mission of Sooner SUCCESS is to advance an INCLUSIVE comprehensive, unified system of health, social and educational services for Oklahoma children and youth.