Sooner SUCCESS Chisholm Trail Tech Center On The Road Family Perspective Conference
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
*For families who live with an individual with a disability
A one day conference that assists families in navigating a complex system.
REGISTER ONLINE AT: http://chisholmtrailtechcenterontheroadconference.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Chisholm Trail Technology Center, Omega OK (Highway 33 between Kingfisher and Watonga).
Agenda Morning Session
8:00am-8:30am Registration (Light Breakfast) and Welcome
- Sooner SUCCESS – How your county Coordinator can help families navigate the system for services.
- Community Guide-How to use the Community Guide in navigating eligibility of services
- TEFRA—Medicaid for children with disabilities only the child’s income is counted.
- SSi/DCP-Social Security/Disabled Children’s Program
- DDSD Guardianship Program-Overview of guardianship options if needed
9:25am -10:25am—Advocacy and Support Panel
- Partners in Policymaking—Learn in 9 months how to be an advocacy expert for your family member and yourself.
- TARC- Learn to be guardian, or join the OK AIM Monitoring Team.
- Down Syndrome Association of Central Oklahoma—Services and support groups.
- Person- Centered Story—Learn how a person-centered story can change a family member’s life.
- Oklahoma People First—Empowering self-advocates.
Break 10:25am-10:35 am
- 10:35am-11:00am- Assistive Technology presentation/Oklahoma ABLE Tech
- 11:00am-11:45am- Overview of Developmental Disabilities Services Division/DDSD
LUNCH (provided) 12:00pm- 12:30pm; 12:30pm to 1:00pm- AT Demonstration at lunch.
1:00 pm to 3:00pm- State and Local Q and A Panel
- Oklahoma Family Network- Become a family mentor to a family who has a child with a disability.
- Oklahoma State Department of Ed/Special Education -- Special Ed Overview. 0-22 ages.
- Department of Rehabilitation Services - Job information for your family member who has a disability.
- ODMHSAS-Mental Health Wrap Around- Learn how wrap around can change the life of the family and person who has a mental Illness.
- Okla. Disability Law Center/PEAPOD - (ODLC) – Learn parents rights under IDEA.
- Okla. Parents Center-(OPC) - Trainings to learn to be a better advocate for your child.
- Native American Parent Center- Outreach to Native American families who have a child with a disability.
Register below or go online to register at
- -" - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --------------------------------------------------------
CONFERENCE IS FREE but must register by Friday, September 13, 2013.
Contact for more information:
Sally Selvidge, Family Outreach Coordinator, Sooner SUCCESS at Sally-Selvidge@ouhsc.edu, 800-441-0434 or Fax 405-271-8851 or cell phone at 405-812-5076.
Lisa Simmons, Garfield County Coordinator, Sooner SUCCESS at Lisa-Simmons@ouhsc.edu, Hm. 580-242-2273 or Cell phone 580-603-1580.
When & Where
Serving-Supporting-Building INCLUSIVE Communites for Oklahoma Children and youth.
The Mission of Sooner SUCCESS is to advance an INCLUSIVE comprehensive, unified system of health, social and educational services for Oklahoma children and youth.