Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Sony FS100 & FS700 Workshop is designed to be a hands-on class covering the various functions of Sony's newest NEX Super-35 cameras. You will gain a detailed understanding of the many features of the FS100 and FS700, including the menu system, camera operation, lens options, post-production workflow, and available accessories. Emphasis is on developing an understanding of the camera sensor, recording format, lens choice, and menu systems.
In the first part of the course, Abel trainers will give a full introduction to the FS100 and 700 cameras including: sensor specifics, recording formats, output options, menu systems, assignable functions, slow-motion, and basic color control.
In the second part, Abel trainers will demonstrate practical shooting examples, give an in-depth look at the camera’s picture profiles and explain the different gamma modes. We will also explore post production workflow techniques. This is a very hands-on part, where attendees will be able to develop and fully understand the complexities of creating a look with the FS100 and FS700 as well as working with AVCHD in post-production.
Anyone who purchases an FS100 or FS700 from AbelCine may attend this workshop for free. Please click here for a coupon code.
- Part 1
- Technical Discussion
- Sensor & Lens Choice – which lenses work with the camera and how they look
- Body Function – inputs, outputs, and camera body switches
- Full Menu Breakdown – every menu item and every option explained in detail
- Slow Motion- Understanding the differences and working with the slow motion modes (FS700)
- Color Basics – Quick ways to edit the picture profile for quality results
- Q & A
- Part 2
- Practical picture profile adjustment
- Hands-on demonstration of how to make filmic footage
- Color, Skin Tone, Gamma, and Black level adjustment
- In-depth exposure techniques – Zebras, WFM, etc.
- Lens options overview
- Lens adapter options – Nikon, Canon, etc.
- Building the camera
- Lens accessories – Follow Focus, Mattebox
- Monitoring & Viewfinder options
- External Recording Options
- Best Workflow Practices
- Q & A
When & Where
AbelCine, Los Angeles