Songwriters & Producer Stop & Shop| Atlanta | Artist -Producer -Songwriter
Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Atlanta, United States
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SCMC Registration Packages
Attending the SCMC Conference will not only give you the opportunity to sit down with A&Rs, but also network with others in the industry, and watch the artist/producer showcase.The conference is dedicated to informing and enlightening you about the tools needed TODAY to make your mark in this highly competitive field. SCMC participants have the opportunity to perform live in-front of the major label A&Rs and music industry executives attending SCMC. Participants are given a venue to not only perform their music, but also receive personalized feedback about their music from each panelist in attendance. Performing in front of the panel and having one’s music heard by leading music executives is a rare opportunity. The conference also has a panel discussion component where industry experts will discus the ends and outs of the music industry. Participants will be able to participate in a Q&A session discussing topics such as: Album or Single
- Are consumers still purchasing albums?
- How do I push out a single?
- How does this affect the art of the music business?
Licensing & Publishing Deals
- Why is licensing music so important?
- What is the big deal about a publishing deal?
- How can I get a publishing deal?
- Is there an appropriate time for an artist/producer/songwriter to do a licensing or publishing deal?
Which are you producer or beat maker?
- Behind The Music: Making The Song
- Producers and Writers share their creative process in creating top-charing hits.
What is all the hype about if I am one or the other? 360 deals
- Our panel will take a look at what these new “360 deals” are all about and why just about every major label is REQUIRING them for EVERY new signing.
- What are the Pros & Cons associated with these types of deals for both new and established artists?
Street Team or Management
- Is it worth it to have a street team or bloggers?
- Which one should I get first: a manager, attorney or an agent?
- What should I expect from a manager?
- How to copyright your music
- How to register for ASCAP,BMI, or SEASAC
- How register your music with Soundscan and mediabase
- How to track Youtube sales
- Why it's important to handle your business affairs
Many of the most prominent and highly esteemed executives will be attending this event. Major record labels from the likes of Atlantic Records,Konvict Muzik , 15 Seconds Music Group & Publishing ,Interscope, G-Unit, Universal Music Group, and Lisa Davis Music Management will be there to scout local and independent artists, songwriters and producers. This is literally a “bridging the gap” type of event, that will merge underground talent with the Mainstream. In a nutshell, the event is a force that brings you the new artists that arise as the freshmen that you eventually see on media sources such as XXL Mag’s Freshman List. Bloggers, websites, and other music companies and affiliates will be covering this conference.
Registration for 1-1 sit down meeting: PRIVATE 1-1 sit down with A&R panelist: provides attendees an opportunity to meet with an A&R , record company executive, music publisher, online marketing executive, Film/TV music executive, music attorney or ASCAP/BMI/SESAC executive. The 15- 20 minute session will be a mix of career advice and/or songs critiques depending on what you’d like to cover.
Registration for Artist/Producer : SCMC participants will perform live in-front of the major label A&Rs and music industry executives attending SCMC. Participants are given the opportunity to not only perform their music, but also receive personalized feedback about their music from each panelist in attendance. Performing in front of the panel and having one’s music heard by leading music executives is a rare opportunity. You also will be able to attend the Q&A segment and learn the pros and cons of the business.
General Admision Ticket: workshop , Q&A , and watching the ARTIST /PRODUCER PERFORMANCE.