Tuesday, September 22, 2009 from 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Johns Hopkins University Montgomery Campus
So we're back for a 4th installment of the popular socStardom series.
This go round, we've got Jason Alba, founder of Jibber Jobber, taking the helm.
Some of the topics Jason will talk to us about include:
- using social media to grow your business
- examples of success stories with Twitter, LI, FB, blogging, , etc.
About Jibber Jobber
JibberJobber was designed by Jason Alba during his first real job search beginning January 2006. After having a successful career in IT and business strategy, Jason found himself in the job market, which was supposedly a "job seeker's market."
Jason quickly found that a job seeker's market does not mean the job search will be easy or short. Frustrated by the lack of real tools for job seekers, he decided to move forward on a tool that allowed a job seeker to manage and organize a job search.
As the months passed, and as Jason learned the importance of networking, he incorporated a major networking piece into JibberJobber. This has shifted its focus from a tool just to be used during one job search into a tool to be used to manage job transitions during your entire career.
So what is JibberJobber? Is it a job search tool? Is it a networking tool? It is more like a personal relationship manager that allows you to do everything you need to do to manage a job search and optimize your network relationships - for the duration of your career!
The JibberJobber team has grown and includes experts that are dedicated to helping you make the most of your career.
If you want to learn more about JibberJobber you can:
- Listen to a podcast interview (about 40 minutes) with Jason, by Peter Clayton. Peter is the leader in podcast interviews in the employment space.
- Read a rather comprehensive blog post by Dave Mendoza, expert recruiter and consultant.
- Read (and subscribe to) Jason's blog, found at http://www.JibberJobber.com/blog
When & Where
marketing strategist, social media enthusiast, blogger and managing principal of ruiz mcpherson communications, llc