Social Media Peer Learning: Better Measures = Better Results
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM (PDT)
Aptos, United States
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Network • Measure • Grow
Want to work with us and a small group of your peers to take your social media to the next level?
Three (free) 90 minute sessions + your commitment + our collective thinking = success!
For the past two years, we've had coaching with Beth Kanter and brought her for workshops on using social media for greater engagement.
We want to share the learning again as soon as we finish another learning group with Beth and nonprofits from around the country, made possible by support from the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.
In our three sessions you'll:
- Read and discuss Beth's book (co-authored with KD Paine) Measuring the Networked Nonprofit.
- Design a simple project you can implement today and start measuring tomorrow.
- Join us in celebrating our successes and learning from our glorious failures.
Space is limited to 10 people. No more than two from the same organization.
Registration is free.
Here's what we require if you want to participate (sorry, no exceptions):
- You're already using social media for your nonprofit. This can be through one or more of these channels: a web blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Flickr, etc.
- You've staff or volunteers committing time each week to social media communications.
- You'll attend each of the three sessions.
- You'll read before the first session Measuring the Networked Nonprofit and come prepared to discuss it. (We'll provide you a free copy you can pick up now at the Community Foundation.)
- You'll design a project and share the learning back with the group.
Luis Chabolla is communications officer at Community Foundation Santa Cruz County and working hard to prove you can teach old dogs new tricks.
Kim East is communications associate and board member of Wharf to Wharf.
When: Tuesdays, July 23, July 30 and August 27, 2013
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (bring your lunch)
When & Where
Community Foundation Santa Cruz County
Whether you're a donor, professional advisor or nonprofit, you'll find workshops, free consultation, a resource library and networking opportunities here at your local community foundation.