Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
501 Tech NYC: Connect. Learn.
Change the world!
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
5:45 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. Socializing
6:15 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Discussion
Your organization has taken the plunge into social media, but do you know how the law can affect your digital presence? Join us on March 21, as Andy Hollander Esq. discusses how your organization can minimize its legal risk, while maximizing its social presence.
Topics to discuss include:
- What are the areas of greatest concern in intellectual property? How do copyright laws apply to text, graphics, and photos on your site? How should your, and others' trademarks be used?
- How do employment laws affect your organization and staff, including employee rights in making Facebook posts about your organization? To what extent is your organization responsible for employee postings and privacy?
- Tips for putting together realistic social media policies to guide everybody's expectations on proper behavior while minimizing risk to your organization.
- Who "owns" Twitter followers or the identity/persona of your social media accounts; and who "owns" the passwords and content generated for them?
Mr. Hollander advises on evolving legal issues related to social media, including drafting social media policies, protecting brands, and acting to handle emerging risks. His intellectual property experience includes assisting clients in all stages of growth in identifying, protecting, and enforcing their intellectual property assets, including by registering and enforcing trademarks, clearing brand names, obtaining and enforcing patents, protecting creative works and enforcing copyrights; online and computer law, domain names, advertising law, licensing agreements, and other contracts. Prior to joining K&L Gates, Mr. Hollander was chief intellectual property counsel of a $4 billion dollar global company.
- Have a question? Tweet with our hashtag #501TechNYC!
- On Facebook? So are we! Join us there to be the first to know of upcoming events.
- We welcome anyone interested in using technology for nonprofit and advocacy efforts.
When & Where
501 Tech NYC
501 Tech NYC is the NYC chapter of NTEN, the Nonprofit Technology Network.
The club offers the opportunity to meet and network with colleagues in the five boroughs. Pros and accidental techies come together to share advice, resources, local news and job openings. Share your knowledge and get the support you need to create a better NY.