Social Media for Managers: The Very Basics
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
This workshop will cover the very basics of social media for managers. Bring your "stupid questions" because we're starting from the very beginning in an environment where everyone feels just as lost as you do. More importantly, we'll teach you about the types of Social Media so that even as the individual sites change you'll have the knowledge to understand the new ones that come out.
- Have you been asked to talk to an employee based on what they Tweeted but you don't understand Twitter?
- Have you been asked to promote your organization on social media but don't understand where to start?
- Twitter: From Tweets to Hash Tags
- Facebook: Pages, Privacy Controls, and Tagging. Should I be Facebook friends with my employees? What about my customers?
- Foursquare: Why Do These People Check-in?
- LinkedIn: Profile tips to Removing Ex-Employees From Your Business Page
- Reddit: The new Digg (even if you never knew what Digg was)
Sign Up for the Tekserve Email Newsletter to stay up to date with the latest Insider News, Featured Products, Deals, Events and Tek Tips.
Social Media Explained Source: EpicPonyz
When & Where
Tekserve For Business
Founded in 1987 as one of the first services providers focused on Apple® computer repairs, the company is nationally recognized as the experts in Apple sales and services and New York's largest independent Apple consultancy and retailer. As the leaders in selling and servicing Apple products, Tekserve is uniquely positioned to deliver the broadest range of strategic services, solutions and support for businesses and the people who use Apple products, either at work, at home or at play. Tekserve Business Solutions helps CIOs and technology decision-makers best integrate Apple into the complex heterogeneous IT environment in the enterprise and includes Tekserve's renowned Pro A/V rich media production, storage and advisory services.