DevOps May Rock, But Now It's Rolling!
The SoCal DevOps Meetup is Going to SCALE!
DevOps Day Los Angeles
February 25, 9am-9pm
Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel
5711 West Century Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90045
Happy New Year! A lot has been happening in the SoCal DevOps Meetup world since we last met. The biggest news, though, is that we were lucky enough to capture the attention of the good folks at the Southern California Linux Expo (or "SCALE" if you wanna be tricky about it), and with lots and lots of input from lots and lots of folks, we've put together an entire day of DevOps panels, presentations and discussions at SCALE to create the First ever DevOps Day Los Angeles!!
Here's How You Can Help Out :
- Sponsors: As always, we need sponsors, and DevOps Day is a big deal. If you aren't already sponsoring SCALE and want to help out with DevOps Day, we'd love to have you! Yeah, I Wanna Sponsor!
- Speakers: We're putting together a DevOps Success Stories Panel and we're looking for pairs of Operations/Development folks who want to share their success secrets for implementing DevOps solutions in their organizations. I can promise a friendly room and a good time - but it takes speakers to make it a great panel! Yeah, I've Got A Success Story!
- Spread the Word: Tell everyone! Bring your developer friends, your project managers, your QA folks - and especially your fellow tired, poor, huddled, operations cave-dwellers.
- Register to join us! Come see your fellow SoCal DevOps Meetup-ians - they wanna see you. And the next meetup isn't till April and you know you can't stay away that long!
- Be sure to use Code DEVOP for a 50% discount on registration! Register for the SCALE Full Access Pass (Fri-Sun) - and be sure to add DevOps Day to your registration in Step 2!
More information about DevOps Day Los Angeles is available on the SCALE site: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/special-events/devops-day-los-angeles
When & Where
SoCal DevOps Meetup / SCALE
SoCal DevOps Meetup is a bi-monthly excuse to bring togehter more than 150 systems, networking, hardware, and software development professionals to discuss how to help operations and development IT groups work better together.
The Southern California Linux Expo (“SCALE”) is the premier Open Source conference in the U.S., now in its 9th year. Approximately 1500 people attend this event annually.
SCALE's mission is to evangelize the advantages of Open Source software. Open Source software is any software that meets the litmus test of the OSI (Open Source Initiative). Examples of OSS are GNU/Linux and the various BSD operating systems, and applications such as OpenOffice.org and Firefox.