Workshops October 13th & 14th from 11:30am - 1:30pm (limited to 15 participants)
Gain massive skills and learn a ton of editing techniques!
Join expert educator, artist and designer Lyle Foxman in this workshop and photo walk series as he takes you into the world of IPad/Iphone photo art. Packed with tricks, techniques, demonstrations and hands-on tasks, it’s an easy approach for IPad/Iphone and Android Tablet users. Hang on tight as you’re guided through comprehensive exercises on resizing, layers, textures and resolution, color correction, and image touch up. Master advanced techniques for creating eye-popping visuals, tilt-shift photography, panoramic images, sizzling photo effects, and workflows with print, social media, blog and cloud storage service providers.
Through a collection of books, the works of master photographers such as Alice Austen, Edward Steichen and Henri Cartier-Bresson will be discussed. Along with their influence on the history of photography encouraging participants to share their photos with the greater Staten Island community through social networking and photo blogging. Participants will be given weekly photo assignment to share on our community workshop blog and will leave the workshop with the confidence and a portfolio of great works of art.
What You Will Learn
- How to research and download the best photo editing and art apps available
- How to create great works of art through photo-editing techniques, apps, tricks and styles.
- How to apply professional image editing and correction techniques to your digital photos.
- How to work with layers textures and borders for a more artistic look.
- How to prepare and optimize images to be printed, shared online and backed up to cloud storage service providers.
- How to share your images with the world through photo blogging, Instagram and flickr.
- How to prepare your images for online printing services.
Who Should Take This Course
- Amateur, home photographers/tablet users or anyone looking to improve the quality of their images and their workflow techniques.
- Anyone with and IPad, Iphone or Android tablet device that has access to photo and art apps.
- Anyone who wants to know how to get full quality results using your I-pad, I-phone or mobile device
** Come prepared to the workshops with your fully charged camera, cables, tablet and mobile devices.
Photowalks: Free Photowalk after at the Alice Austen House & Fort Wadsworth October 13 from 2:00pm - 3:30pm (Open to all)
Photowalks are a social project, making them fun and infectious. The aim of this part is to practice and improve one's own photography skills rather than a specific focus on documentary photography. Cameras of all types can be used during the photo-walk as we meet at various locations throughout Staten Island and NYC, and after we get to know each other, we'll quickly talk about our experiences with photography and how we can use tablets and other mobile devices as a creative tool to edit our photos.
(Part of a series of photo walks, talks and one day exhibition.)
What a deal! Photowalks are free and the recommended donation for the workshops are $12 per day or $20 for both Saturday and Sunday. Partial proceeds to go to Alice Austen House. This event is made possible (in part) by a DCA Premier Grant from the Council on the Arts & Humanities for Staten Island, with Public Funding from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.
Lyle Foxman, has over 15 years experience in the arts, technology and education. He has won numerous arts in education grant awards involving photography, animation and technology. Lyle is a graduate of the School of Visual Arts and has just completed his Master's Degree from Touro College in Instructional Technology.