SMPS Annual E-Week Transportation Summit
“Northeast Florida, Advancing Its Regional Approach”
February 20, 2013
7:30 a.m – 10:30 a.m.
UNF University Center
We invite you to join us for our Annual E-Week Transportation Summit. This exciting program will serve as the launch of the latest initiative by the JAXUSA Partnership in the development of the Northeast Florida Regional Transportation Business Alliance. The Alliance will serve as the recognized regional private sector voice for transportation initiatives and policy in Northeast Florida focusing on strategic solutions to our issues in transportation. The Alliance will strive to ensure economic vitality and quality of life by providing a private sector leadership focus on mission-critical regional transportation investments. Topics for discussion will include:
· Engaging the private sector
· Impact of Legislation on Regionalism
· Impact of Regionalism on Transportation Funding
· Quality Growth and Regional Development
· Effects of Transportation Issues on Quality of Life
To aid the new Alliance in the development of their goals, a text message based live polling system will be utilized throughout the program to gain your feedback on transportation issues, solutions and more.
Jeff Sheffield, Executive Director, North Florida TPO
· Joe Milazzo, Executive Director, Raleigh Durham Regional Transportation Alliance
· Doug Callaway, Assistant Secretary for Intermodal Systems Development (ISD), Florida Department of Transportation and Former Executive Director, Georgia Transportation Alliance
· Matt Ubben, President, Floridans for Better Transportation
· Jerry Mallot, President, JAXUSA Partnership
· Moody Chisolm, CEO, St. Vicent's Hospital and Northeast Florida Regional Transportation Business Alliance Chair
In Partnership With:
Sponsorships Available: Contact Barbara McKinney at Barbara.McKinney@fredwilson.com
Membership Contest: Become a member of SMPS or refer a new SMPS member between Jan 1, 2013 and this event to be entered into a drawing to win a new Kindle Fire.
Social Media Contest: We encourage you to follow @SMPS_NFon twitter and live tweet during the program. For every tweet sent during the program where you mention @smps_nf, your name will go into a drawing to win a new Kindle Fire. More tweets, more chances!
When & Where
SMPS North Florida
The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) North Florida’s mission is to empower members, provide education, create networking opportunities, and meet the needs of our diverse members and client organizations.
The Chapter was established in 1989, and consists of marketers and principals of area A/E/C firms as well as service providers for these industries.