SLO Wine Country's 25th Anniversary of Roll Out the Barrels
- Food & Drink
- SLO Wine Country, San Luis Obispo
PASSPORT TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE SATURDAY AT EVERY WINERY LOCATION. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO STOP BY ANY WINERY AND PURCHASE YOUR PASSPORT TICKETS. PASSPORT TICKETS ARE $60, AND $30 FOR SUNDAY ONLY. SHUTTLE TICKETS WILL ALSO BE ON SALE FOR $30. THE SHUTTLE RUNS ON SATURDAY ONLY.
Four days filled with the best wines of San Luis Obispo! The weekend kicks off Thursday, June 20th with Barrels in the Plaza, hosted in the historic Mission Plaza in downtown SLO, in conjunction with the local farmers' market. Then--Friday night, June 21st, enjoy dinner with the winemakers of various member wineries throughout South San Luis Obispo County (dinners to be announced soon!). The heart of the weekend takes place on Saturday and Sunday, June 22 & 23 with our Passport to Wine Country weekend. Enjoy special tastings, barrel samples, wine and food pairings and entertainment during a self guided tour of the SLO wine region, all free to passport holders. Click on the highlighted links for more information about each event! Visit SLOWINE.COM for a complete listing of Passport Weekend activities at each participating winery!
2013 Participating Wineries:
Ancient Peaks Winery * Autry Cellars * Baileyana * Cadre * Calpoly
Center of Effort * Chamisal * Claiborne & Churchill * Clesi * Edna Valley Vineyard
Filipponi Ranch Cellars * Kelsey See Canyon * Kynsi Winery * Laetitia Winery * Peloton Cellars
Phantom Rivers Wine * Pismo Beach Winery
Saucelito Canyon Winery * Sextant Wines * Stephen Ross
Sinor - LaVallee * Talley Vineyards * Tangent
Tolosa Winery * Trenza * Wolff Vineyards * Zocker
Participating Restaurants, Winemaker Dinners, and Tasting Room Events are posted at: www.slowine.com
Roll Out the Barrels June 20-23rd--News and Updates to prepare you for an awesome wine country adventure!
Barrels in the Mission Plaza
Thursday, June 20th 5:30-7:30pm (early entry at 4:30 for VIP ticket holders only)
Mission Plaza, San Luis Obispo
751 Palm Street
Roll Out the Barrels weekend kicks off Thursday night, June 20th from 5:30-7:30 with Barrels in the Mission Plaza, where we host the Central Coast’s top chefs perfectly paired with our 28 member wineries! Enjoy the farm to table lifestyle while sipping your way through the array of delicious wines. Get your groove on with live music by the Mighty Croon Dogs!
There’s only 50 tickets left before we sell out Barrels in the Plaza, so if you need additional tickets, please purchase them now--CLICK HERE!
What you need to know to prepare for this event:
-We will start wristbanding attendees beginning at 5pm, so feel free to come and stake your place in line and we will get you banded as quickly as possible. Entrance to the event will be on Chorro Street.
-Have your tickets on your smartphone or printed tickets with you and a valid form of ID to prove you are over the age of 21.
-There is metered parking throughout downtown SLO (meters end at 6pm) and several parking garages. The two closest to the Mission Plaza are Lot 9 next to the Historical Museum or Lot 15 across from the Art Center Parking Structure on the corner of Palm and Chorro. There is also a large parking garage on the corner of Marsh and Osos Streets next to the Post Office. Here’s a map so you can navigate your way through downtown.
-Please note that due to the Thursday night Farmers Market, there will be some road closures beginning around 5pm and less street parking available.
-Dress code: Fun and Casual—please come as you are!
-We will have t-shirts and hats on sale at the entrance and will have all our merchandise posted to our event page soon!
See the complete line-up of winery and restaurant pairings by clicking here!
-Looking for a Friday night adventure? Then check out the line-up of Winemaker Dinners happening Friday night, June 21st, hosted by: Ancient Peaks & Sinor-LaVallee, Chamisal, Tolosa, Niven Family Wines (Baileyana, Tangent Zocker, Cadre and Trenza), and Sextant.
Passport to Wine Country Weekend
Saturday and Sunday, June 22 & 23rd, 11am-4pm
Tickets will be $60 at the door on Saturday, $30 on Sunday--buy your tickets in advance and save!
What you need to know to prepare for this event:
1. Please print out your passport tickets or have your smartphone ready to show and scan your tickets for Saturday & Sunday, June 22 & 23rd. You will be able to pick up your wristband, wineglass and passport booklet at the winery you had designated as your pick up location when purchasing tickets. PLEASE CARRY A VALID FORM OF ID WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES. CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT WINERY YOU SPECIFIED? No problem, just email email@example.com and we'll be happy to send you the winery name. Need directions to the winery? CLICK HERE TO ACCESS OUR WINERY DATABASE. Need a map to all our wineries? No problem! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A MAP OF OUR WINE REGION. All wineries open between 10 and 11am, so be sure to visit the PASSPORT TO WINE COUNTRY event page and find out more about all the activities happening at each winery on Saturday and Sunday.
2. Once you have your passport, wristband and wine glass, you can travel to any winery you wish, Saturday and Sunday, all day long! Better yet, let SLO Wine's Shuttle Service take you throughout wine country with the flexibility and freedom of anywhere you want to go, all while listening to our winemakers talk about what makes SLO Wine Country so special. Just $25 allows you to ride all day Saturday--click here to learn more about our shuttle! Plus, we're offering all passport holders an additional $10 off the shuttle, just use the promo code: SHUTTLESLO and you'll save $10 instantly! TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE AT THE DOOR ON SATURDAY FOR $30. BUY YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE AND SAVE!
3. If you have a designated driver ticket, then you can enjoy free food, non-alcoholic beverages, and live music while touring wine country. You'll get your comemorative glass and a passport as well, so you'll be enjoying the fun all weekend long!
4. Please be sure to wear your wristband all day Saturday and Sunday and bring your glass with you to each location. YOU MAY BE EXCLUDED FROM BEING SERVED WITHOUT A GLASS OR WRISTBAND. Having a passport without a glass/wristband will prevent you from entering events and you may have to pay tasting fees, so please be sure to keep your wristband and wine glass handy. We want you to enjoy the party, but if you've had too much, please ask us to get you home safe.
Don't forget to stay in touch with us all weekend long on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and You Tube! Share your photos during Roll Out the Barrels and be automatically entered to win free tickets to our upcoming Rockin' Harvest event, November 1-3, 2013! Use #ROTB2013 to post and chat all weekend long! Winners will be announced the week of June 24th.
Looking forward to seeing you out and about in SLO Wine Country! Please call us at 805-541-5868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.