A powerful training partnership is now available in South Georgia to offer the very best in the field for PLC training. Wiregrass Georgia Technical College has partnered with Englewood and Allen Bradley to offer a series of training opportunities for PLC driven manufacturing and automation.
This is a four-day course to be held September 11 - 14, 2012 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
$1,875 per student.
The course number is CCPS43.
CEUs Awarded: 2.8
To successfully complete this course, the following prerequisites are required:
· Experience maintaining electrically controlled systems
· Working knowledge of programmable controllers or completion of the PLC-5/SLC 500 and RSLogix Fundamentals (Course No. CCP122)
· Experience operating a personal computer within a Microsoftâ Windows 98â, Windows 2000â, Windows MEâ, Windows NTâ, or Windows XPâ environment
All technology is provided for student use in the classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary for students to bring any technology with them when attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate your learning experience, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
· Student Manual, which contains the key concepts, definitions, and examples presented in the course and includes the hands-on exercises.
· RSLogix 500 and SLC 500 Procedures Guide, which provides all the steps required to complete common RSLogix 500 software tasks, including the tasks in the exercises. By following the procedures in this job aid, you can immediately apply what is learned in the course to your own job.
· SLC 500 Documentation Reference Guide, which contains several relevant technical publications. This searchable, electronic resource contains the most frequently referenced information and is a quick and efficient on-the-job resource.
SLC 500 and RSLogix 500 Troubleshooting Guide, which contains diagnostic procedures that efficiently lead the user to possible maintenance and troubleshooting solutions.
Diagnostic and problem-solving skills are sharpened through hands-on exercises using a troubleshooting guide and an SLC 500 processor linked to an interactive I/O simulator. Throughout the course, you will maintain and troubleshoot a real-world RSLogix 500 project that controls a simulated, two-compressor, cooling unit.
Next Learning Level
Once you have mastered the maintaining and troubleshooting skills covered in this course, you may want to expand your logic and programming knowledge by attending the SLC 500 and RSLogix 500 Programming course. (Course No. CCPS41).
When & Where
WGTC Economic Development
The Wiregrass Tech Economic Development department is designed to meet the training needs of individuals, industries, and businesses throughout eleven counties in South Georgia. The department provides continuing education, contract training, and other services to enhance the skill levels of the area's workforce. Short term training in areas such as technical, business, industrial, health/safety, management/supervisory, and leadership skills are available and can be customized to fit any organization.
Refunds: Full refunds will be given by contacting the Continuing Education office for cancellations at least 48 hours (2 working days) prior to the beginning of the program if payment was made in person, by mail, or via phone. If payment was made online through EventBright, refunds will be given minus a processing fee charged by EventBright. For cancellations with less than 48 hours (2 working days) notice prior to the beginning of a program NO refunds or credits will be given. For classes canceled by Wiregrass Georgia Technical College, registrants are given full refunds.
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or disability. Any violation or questions should be directed to the Vice President for Administrative Services, Title IX Coordinator,Building 500, Office 535, 4089 Val Tech Road, Valdosta, Georgia 31602, or call (229) 333-2103; or the Human Resources Director, 667 Perry House Road, Fitzgerald, Georgia 31750 or call (229) 468-2027. Telephone numbers are accessible to persons who are deaf or hard of hearing through the Georgia Relay by dialing 711 or 1-800-255-0056 from a TTY/TDD.
Services to Students with Disabilities: Wiregrass Georgia Technical College is committed to providing individuals with disabilities equal access to higher education. Any student in need of testing or classroom accommodations due to a documented disability should contact the Special Populations Coordinator by telephone at
(229) 333-5368 or by email at email@example.com an appointment to discuss support services.