SketchUp for Film & Stage Class (SUFS1) 8/3 | L.A.
Sunday, August 3, 2014 from 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM (PDT)
Van Nuys, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SketchUp isn't just quick to learn—it's quick to use, too. Once you get rolling, SketchUp Pro can help you work out your ideas, solve complicated spatial problems, and produce convincing visuals and documentation faster than any other digital drawing tool out there. Find out specific SketchUp tools and workflows designed for the Film and Stage industry and learn to put them to work in your next project.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the class, you should be able to:
• Use the Advanced Camera Tools & Scenes to see your model through realistically configured cameras
• Use the Match Photo feature to construct a model using a photo as a perspective underlay
• Use SketchUp along with Google Maps, Google Earth and the 3D Warehouse to model on-location shoots
• Generate real-time shadow studies
• Use Style Builder to generate your own, hand-drawn look to your models
• Create and export walk-through animations of your model
- Students should bring their own laptop, power cord, and 3-button scroll wheel mouse
- Students should be sure to have SketchUp Pro 2014 installed (you can download a free trial from the SketchUp website)