San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Practice with intermediate 3D modeling and work flow related topics. This class wraps-up with the creation of a more detailed 3D model of a house. A perfect follow-up to students from Essentials 1 and those who have struggled to get beyond the basics in SketchUp.
Prior Skills: Pre-requisite of SketchUp Essentials 1 class , or SketchUp Level 1 video series.
- Aviod getting stuck: Work with isolating 3D objects using Groups and Components to keep your model from sticking together where it shouldn't - a key skill to accelerating efficiency in SketchUp.
- Working with Nested Components: Develop complex Components with multiple parts and pieces, plus learn to effectively organize and manage Components within Components.
- Using Materials & Styles: Bring your SketchUp model to life by adding color and textures to the plain white surfaces. Then create custom presentation styles that add interest to the lines, surfaces and background of your model.
- Apply Shadows, Scenes and Animations: Learn how to set-up pre-saved views of your model and then use them to create simple fly-through animations that show a camera moving through your project or even shadows tracking across your model as the time of day or year advances.
- Creating Groups, Components & Copies: Pull together larger models with multiple houses by easily duplicating existing objects in your model.
- Intermediate Workflow Tips & Tricks: Organize larger files for effective modeling and presentation, learn to set-up templates, styles and component libraries to work efficiently with your team and leverage short-cuts and tool combinations to accelerate overall modeling speed.
- Students should bring their own laptop, power cord, and 3-button scroll wheel mouse
- Students should be sure to have SketchUp Pro 2014 installed (you can download a free trial from the SketchUp website)