SketchUp Essentials 1 Class (SUE 1) 8/2 | L.A.
Saturday, August 2, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
Van Nuys, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learn the fundamentals of drawing in 2D and 3D in SketchUp. Whether you are a beginner or just looking to sharpen your fundametal skills in SketchUp, this class teaches you the most effective methods for using the basic drawing, editing and navigation tools in SketchUp.
Prior Skills: No pre-requisites necessary.
- Getting Started with SketchUp: Set-up your drawing template, preferences and toolbars for effective and efficient modeling.
- Drawing in 2D: Practice basic concepts of creating geometry with the Line, Rectangle, Circle, Polygon, Arc and Freehand line tools.
- Navigating in 3D: Learn to use a 3-button scroll wheel mouse to effortlessly move around your model in 3D.
- Model and Edit in 3D: Build on the foundational skills to create 3D boxes, cones, cylinders, and eventually even basic building and house shapes.
- Creating Groups, Components & Copies: Pull together larger models with multiple houses by easily duplicating existing objects in your model.
- Using the 3D Warehouse: Seach for and download free, pre-built objects from the biggest online repository of SketchUp models in the world.
- Students should bring their own laptop, power cord, and 3-button scroll wheel mouse
- Students should be sure to have SketchUp Pro 2014 installed (you can download a free trial from the SketchUp website)