SketchUp & CAD Class (SUCAD1) 8/3 | L.A.
Sunday, August 3, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Van Nuys, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Discover the ideal SketchUp & CAD workflow: Work on Importing 2D CAD files and turning those plans and elevations into 3D models in SketchUp. Additionally, learn to Export from SketchUp into your favorite CAD application. If you use SketchUp as a part of your CAD workflow, this class is guaranteed to deliver tips and tricks that will save you massive amounts of time.
- Import .DWG files: Learn best practices and ideal import options for bringing plans and elevations into SketchUp.
- Set-up Plans & Elevation CAD files in SketchUp: Before you turn 2D CAD files into 3D SketchUp models, first learn to properly place, orient and clean-up your imported CAD files.
- Create 3D models from 2D CAD files: Learn the absolute best workflow for quickly creating an accurate 3D model from your imported floor plans and elevations.
- Placing Doors, Windows & other Components: Leverage your plans and elevations to create custom components from scratch, or import properly scaled objects from the 3D Warehouse.
- Work with the Section Tool: Find out how to create section views of your model, as well as tips for animating sections for presentations.
- Export .DWG files: Find the ideal settings for exporting 2D and 3D CAD files to the next step in your workflow
- Download time-saving Extensions: Discover the must-have SketchUp Extensions from the Extension Warehouse and use them to dramatically cut-down your time and increase your accuracy.
- Students should bring their own laptop, power cord, and 3-button scroll wheel mouse
- Students should be sure to have SketchUp Pro 2014 installed (you can download a free trial from the SketchUp website)