SIYLI and ABC Home present Search Inside Yourself
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Optimize Your Mind
Developed at Google and based on the latest in neuroscience research, our program offers attention and mindfulness training that builds the core emotional intelligence skills needed for peak performance and effective leadership. We help professionals at all levels adapt, management teams evolve, and leaders optimize their impact and influence. Give us your attention for a few days, and we'll show you how to focus it for the rest of your life.
The SIYLI curriculum focuses on four primary areas:
- Overview of the neuroscience of emotion, perception and behavior change
- Definition of emotional intelligence and its benefits with regard to well-being
- Attention training to enable greater emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, self-mastery, motivation and connection with self and others
- Principles and practices for developing healthy mental habits that accelerate wellbeing - including effective listening, generosity, empathy, communication and social skills
- Mindfulness and reflection practices that support happiness, thriving and overall wellbeing
- Increased self-awareness and other core emotional intelligence competencies
- Greater alignment of personal values with actions
- More engagement and productivity at work (and beyond)
- Greater resilience, including enhanced abilities for managing adversity and disruptive change
- Tools for sustaining peak performance and motivation
- More happiness, thriving and overall wellbeing!
Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) is a nonprofit public benefit corporation founded in 2012 to bring Search Inside Yourself to the world. Developed at Google and based on the latest in Neuroscience research, the Search Inside Yourself programs offer attention and mindfulness training that build the core emotional intelligence skills needed for peak performance and effective leadership. We help professionals at all levels adapt, management teams evolve and leaders optimize their impact and influence.
ABC Home is an iconic NYC destination that exists as an interactive museum and a portal into collective creativity, while integrating healing, education, theater, art and other forms of interconnectivity, including the practice of mindfulness. With beauty and design as tools, ABC guides a conscious, influential participant and change-agent to creatively commit to nurturing the planet and its communities while actualizing home as a sacred space. ABC Home is committed to indigenous artistry, and its protection, with global cooperatives and global partnerships. In upcoming months, it will house a permanent collection of the calligraphies of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh.
About the Venue - A NYC design destination since 1897, ABC Carpet & Home offers choice at the cutting edge of art, beauty, and sustainability with 10 floors of vintage, antique, eco, one-of-a-kind, and contemporary collections. Through the preservation of indigenous artisanship, working with global cooperatives, and a commitment to environmental consciousness, ABC aims to be the catalyst in creating home as an expression of vision and values. A three-dimensional, living magazine and interactive museum, ABC serves as a portal into collective creativity, integrating healing, education, awareness, theater, and art to compose an engaged experience with our participants and our community. ABC Deepak Homebase is adorned in this spirit.
When & Where
ABC Home is an interactive museum and a portal into collective creativity with seven floors of sustainable design, eco-fashion, global cooperatives, farm-to-table restaurants and a gallery and theatre space. As a design destination, ABC guides a conscious, influential participant to creatively commit to nurturing the planet and its communities while actualizing home as a sacred space.
In the gallery and theatre space, ABC Home hosts conversations, wellness events, meditations and art exhibitions to present to our community the most crucial discoveries of our current world.
888 Broadway at E 19th St, Manhattan