Silicon Beach Fest - Hollywood (Fall 2012) - REGISTRATION
Thursday, November 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM - Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM (PST)
Welcome to Silicon Beach Fest - Fall 2012
Silicon Beach Fest - Fall 2012 celebrates LA's tech startup and entertainment community with panels, pitching, parties, and more at io/LA and WeWork in Hollywood on November 9, 2012.
After our successful 3-day Silicon Beach Fest this past June 2012, we just couldn't wait til next summer to celebrate all the changes we've had in LA's startup scene. So we're headed to Hollywood for a 1-day version of the Silicon Beach Fest in Hollywood. Because the Digital LA definition of Silicon Beach is all of LA!
The theme for SBF-Fall is PITCHING: nearly every hour-long panel will consist of 30 min of panel discussion, followed by 30 min of pitches. There will be 5 pre-screened pitches (and maybe 1 aud pitch if there's time) who will have ONE minute to give a pitch of their startup, web series, app, film pitch with feedback from panelists. The panelists will pick their fave pitch to give a 5-minute pitch.
Fest attendees and speakers include: accelerator heads start-ups, VCs, agencies, content creators, social media gurus, developers, etc. from LA, Silicon Valley, OC, San Diego, New York, and beyond.
Follow @SBFestLA #SBFest
Details on the SBF Hollywood site http://siliconbeachfest.com
Register above to join the fun and learn more about LA's startup entertainment tech scene, and pitch your idea!
- EARLY BIRD conference passes include admission to the Friday panels, the Thuurs and Fri parties, and Sat brunch and are available at a discounted rate. Food / drink is not included at the parties unless otherwise indicated.
- REGULAR conference passes include admission to the Friday panels, the Thurs and Fri parties, and Sat brunch. Food / drink is not included at the parties unless otherwise indicated.
- VIP include admission to the Friday panels, and Friday VIP parties that speakers are invited to, listed below (does not include food and drink unless we get a sponsor)
- Thursday night party at Lexington, VIP area
- Friday night VIP party 8-10p @ Spare Room at the Hollywood Roosevelt
- Saturday night VIP Party 10p - 1a @ Hollywood Hills private home
- Preferred seating at venues
Eric Garcetti opening forum: "What LA City Can Do For LA Tech." 9-10a. Silicon Beach Fest Hollywood kicks off with an opening forum with Eric Garcetti, LA Mayoral Candidate, and Howard Marks (StartEngine), Lucy Hood (USC), interviewed by Lori Kozlowski (Forbes writer who covers Silicon Beach). Come voice your opinion on what you want LA City can do: tax breaks for startups, wifi zones, entrepreneurial incentives, etc. to help your biz. Yes it's 9a, that's cuz politicians wake up early and Eric has council meetings later. Continental breakfast provided.
PASSES: You can pick up your badges at Silicon Beach Fest Hollywood registration desk located in the foyer of io/LA (7083 Hollywood Blvd) all day starting Friday 8:30a-7p. You will need your passes for the panels and the evening parties.
- SBF Hollywood sessions will take place at two locations at the same address: 7083 Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood near La Brea).
- io/LA is located on the ground floor where you can check in to get your conference badge. Sessions here will be on the main stage with estaimted 75-150 attendees.
- WeWork is located in the same building - take the elevator up to the 5th floor and follow signs for the "Palm room" which accommodates 30-50 attendees
SESSIONS: Panel and Pitch
- Panels. We have one hour for each session 9a-6p, and no breaks / lunches scheduled, so we'll need to be on time, prompt and quick with our discussions. Each hour session will include 30 minutes of panel, followed by 20 minutes of pitching and 10 min of arrival/break transition time.
Check the Panel schedule http://siliconbeachfest.com
Get printed programs at the venue, or get the app from the Spotlight download page. The Spotlight App (created by Xomo, which did the official app for the Olympics) lists the schedule on your cell phone.
- Pitching: As attendees, this is your chance to pitch your idea to our expert speakers with instant feedback. At the end of the panel discussion, the moderator will ask the audience if there are any pitches. Don't be shy - step right up to the mic and give your pitch! Pitches are 1 minute with 1 min of quick feedback from panelists. After 3-5 pitches, the panelists will pick their fave pitch to give a full 5-min pitch. Pitches are all verbal, no PPT. Practice and rehearse your 1-minute pitch to make sure it's succinct, gets your idea across, no ums, and leaves the panelists wanting more.
Every panel can have pitches for example:
- Accelerator/VC panels / Developers: Pitch your startup idea
- Music App / Games: Pitch your mobile /app idea
- Your SBF pass will get u into the following parties, see the following link for address, details, and related events u can register for separately: http://digitalla.net/sbffall2012parties.htm
- THURSDAY OPENING PARTY: Lexington Social House, 8-10p, hosted by Disney ABC TV Group, Digital Media. Cash bar.
- TechZulu Tech Crawl starts at io/LAat 6p, then go upstairs to WeWork, then Live Nation Labs, Deviant Art, and end up at Buffalo Wild Wings by 8p.
- Closing party is at the Standard on Sunset, 9:30p-11:30p. Head to the Cactus Room by the pool for poolside lounging.
- VIP: If u registered for a VIP, u can also attend the following (bring your badge):
- VIP area of Lexington opening party
- VIP Cocktails at Hollywood Roosevelt, Spare Room, Friday 8-10p. Includes complimentary bowling on 2 lanes from 9-10p.
- VIP AFter-Party at Hollywood Hills home, friday 10p-1a (VIPs will be emailed address separately)
In addition to these events, other events you can do on your own with friends you meet from the fest include: Seafood dinner at Vegas Seafood Buffet, watch Wreck-It Ralph at the El Capitan at 9:45p, or drive/Metro to the Arclight Hollywood to watch Skyfall at 7:50P or 10:55p
- Parking is not included or validated. We recommend parking one block east at the CVS / LA Fitness underground parking, max $8 all-day. You can also park in other lots around Hollywood. Hollywood & Highland is $2 for 2 hours with validation at the H&H guest services / information desk, max $10. Our map has parking structures and venues here:
There are no included meals for the fest, however Pretzel Crips, ONE Coconut Water, Diabolo soda, Plus Red Elixir, and other complimentary snacks will be available at both io/LA and WeWork. And there will be some bagels and croissants on Fri morning at the 9a-10a Eric Garcetti panel. In addition, the Dosa Truck and some other food trucks will be available for you to purchase. Plus there are many restaurants, delis, cafes, etc. around Hollywood Blvd. VIP passes may have some compliemtary food provided.
Follow @DigitalLA @iola @techzulu #SBF. Your tweets will be posted on the PulsoViral twitter wall during the panels.
Thanks to our sponsors - many will also have tables to visit between panel sessions.
Many like Uber, General Assembly, Madame Tussauds, Pop-Up Pantry, and more sponsors are offering promotions for SBF attendeess. Visit the Sponsor page for details:
When & Where
Digital LA organizes networking events for online entertainment, marketing and advertising friends and professionals around entertainment, strartups, movies, TV/web series, music, video games, VFX/3D, including content creation, development, distribution, marketing and social media. Digital LA is the founder of the Silicon Beach Fest, a biannual startup entertainent confernece.