Shreveport AIA Chapter and CE Academy, Inc. Live Event
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
'Continuing Education & Networking Event'
March 27, 2014
4 AIA HSW Hours
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
8:00 AM Breakfast - Sponsored by Max Rodgers with RM Rodgers, Inc.
8:30 - 9:30 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of Fleeceback Membrane & Urethane Adhesives
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: SDT110
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Greg Bennett
Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to resist the forces of mother nature such as wind, rain and cold. Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil. Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing systems and minimize landfill waste. Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective T or extremely weatherable EPDM as the cap sheet.
9:40 - 10:40 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course Number: ICS06C
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain the importance of “going beyond green.”
1. Define the difference between “green” buildings and “green” products
2. Describe the benefits of recycling
3. List different materials used as recycled content
4. Describe recycled content surfacing materials and their manufacturing process
5. Explain the environmental advantages of resin based recycled content surfacing
6. Explain how recycled products can contribute to obtaining points under the LEED rating
7. Describe what Cradle-to-Cradle and GREENGUARD certifications are and why they are
8. Explain the importance of specifying and using recycled content surfacing products as
related to indoor environmental issues.
10:50 - 11:50 AM
Updated - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems- July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E
AIA Provider: Metals USA
Presenter: John Quint
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal
roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and
system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
12:00 - 1:00 PM
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Deke Rife
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing and
densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process, the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
'This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes'
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.